Mods! Paperback – 28 Feb 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book brings back great memories - from the Flamingo to Tottenham Royal ( and yes - it was an Otis Redding special on RSG ). It's full of detail. Stripped down scooters, Raoul Shoes ( they had a branch in Stoke Newington High Road as well as Wardour Street ) R & B and Soul,posing, Clacton. The author really knows his stuff.
Those were the days - it really was a great period. The clubs, the clothes, the sounds, the general style and attitude. This is the most authentic book on the subject that I've seen. Great pix too -it's like looking at yesterday!
Although there are several pages of text in this book, it is from the photographs that the most information from the Mod era can be taken. Excellent shots of the Who out on the floor are mixed with adverts, newspaper clippings and even some dance steps(!)
Coming from Townsends publishing company it's not surprising the quality of the photographs. It's the kind of book you can pick up, put down, pick up and put down, pick up again and again. Everytime you flick through it you'll notice something else.
If you're interested in mid-sixties Modernists in any way then you've already had this book on your shelf for over a decade. If not, why not?
The Sharper Word: A Mod Reader
This is a Modern Life: The 1980s London Mod Scene (Mod Chronicles)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
THE book on mods - there is nothing better, this is a must for anyone who needs good reference photosPublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
A great book if you were a mod in the sixties (like me). Nice to look back on the fashions, music etc. A good book for nostalgia lovers.Published 17 months ago by Ann2shoes
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Fashion Design
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Beauty & Fashion
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Rock & Pop > Styles
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Hobbies & Games