- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan; 2011 edition (8 Dec. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0230231047
- ISBN-13: 978-0230231047
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 1.1 x 20.1 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 565,816 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Modernism and Nihilism Paperback – 8 Dec 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Charts the history of the use of nihilism in philosophical and aesthetic modernism, focusing on how modernists seek to define their work as a counterforce to the perceived nihilism of modernity
About the Author
SHANE WELLER is Professor of Comparative Literature and Co-Director of the Centre for Modern European Literature at the University of Kent, UK. His publications include A Taste for the Negative: Beckett and Nihilism (2005), Beckett, Literature, and the Ethics of Alterity (2006), and Literature, Philosophy, Nihilism: The Uncanniest of Guests (Palgrave Macmillan, 2008).