- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Modern Control Systems Hardcover – 19 Jul 2010
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Richard C. Dorf
is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of California, Davis. Known as an instructor who is highly concerned with the discipline of electrical engineering and its application to social and economic needs, Professor Dorf has written and edited several successful engineering textbooks and handbooks, including the best selling Engineering Handbook, second edition and the third edition of the Electrical Engineering Handbook. Professor Dorf is also co author of Technology Ventures, a leading textbook on technology entrepreneurship. Professor Dorf is a Fellow of the IEEE and a Fellow of the ASEE. He is active in the fields of control system design and robotics. Dr. Dorf holds a patent for the PIDA controller.
Robert H. Bishop is the OPUS Dean of Engineering at Marquette University and is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Prior to coming to Marquette University, he was a Professor of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics at The University of Texas at Austin for 20 years where he held the Joe J. King Professorship and was a Distinguished Teaching Professor. Professor Bishop started his engineering career as a member of the technical staff at the MIT Charles Stark Draper Laboratory. He authors the well-known textbook for teaching graphical programming entitled Learning with LabVIEW and is also the editor-in-chief of the Mechatronics Handbook. A talented educator, Professor Bishop has been recognized with numerous teaching awards including the coveted Lockheed Martin Tactical Aircraft Systems Award for Excellence in Engineering Teaching. He also received the John Leland Atwood Award by the American Society of Engineering Educators (ASEE) and the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) that is given periodically to “a leader who has made lasting and significant contributions to aerospace engineering education.” He is a Fellow of the AIAA, a Fellow of the American Astronautical Society (AAS), and active in ASEE and in the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory > Modernism
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Automatic Control
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering