- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
Models Close-Up Hardcover – 18 Sep 1998
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The essays begin with one about the role of the female model, and how these women emerged from being mannequins (or a blank canvases) who were often expoited into becoming well-known personalities who often developed nonmodeling careers (such as acting). The history of how agents went from controlling the industry (and getting 40 percent of the fees paid to the models) to losing control is then described. Some of the top fashion photographers are profiled next, along with their styles. Brief essays also look at designers, editors, the supermodel phenomenon, those who were harmed by becoming models (especially during heroin chic), and the fashion legends.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bailey lovers beware. He scarcely wrote a word of this himself. But the 'expert' he hired is very knowledgeable. Read morePublished on 21 Sept. 2014 by Desert Rat
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Fashion
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Printmaking
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Television
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Television