Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2008 Champagne Gift Box, 75 cl
|Price:||£35.40 (£35.40 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£9.59 (21%)|
- A pale yellow colour with green reflections
- A floral bouquet: Initial notes of just ripened fruits-peach, mango and banana-are rounded out with mature notes of white pepper, flint and marzipan. As the wine breathes, the bouquet is refreshed with floral and delicately botanical notes of honeysuckle, bergamot and anis.
- An expansive, succulent palate: A preliminary crispness-notes of nectarine and currant-gives way to a succulent, creamy richness, with the impression of expansive flavour asserting itself and lingering on a bittersweet, deliciously appetizing note of pomelo.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Every Grand Vintage is unique and original, the cellar master's personal, free interpretation in service of the singular qualities of that year's grapes. Grand Vintage 2006 is the perfect embodiment of the Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage spirit, a sprit founded on three essential values: - freedom of interpretation - selection of the year's most remarkable wines - individuality of the vintage to create champagnes distinguished by their maturity, complexity and charisma
From the Manufacturer
THE GRAND VINTAGE STORY
One year in time. The distinction of uniqueness
Every Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage Champagne is, by its very nature, matchless:
-The largest vineyards in champagne ensure a vast selection of fruits for precise assemblage
-Grand Vintages are made only in remarkable years
-These wines are luxuriantly aged, rare, highly prized and truly unique
-The ageing period is a minimum of 7 years, as opposed to the 3 years required by law
FLORAL - EXPANSIVE - SUCCULENT
Every Grand Vintage is unique and original, the cellar master’s personal, free interpretation in service of the singular qualities of that year’s grapes.
Grand Vintage 2006 is the perfect embodiment of the Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage spirit, a spirit founded on three essential values:
- Freedom of interpretation
- Selection of the year’s most remarkable wines
- Respect for the individuality of each vintage for finely aged champagnes which stand out for their maturity, complexity and charisma.
2006 Climate and Harvest
The vines flourished in a hot July, followed by a cool, rainy August.
The harvest started in hot,dry weather enabling the grapes to reach a proper state of ripeness.
The high sugar content of the grapes and the average acidity level created a balance similar to the 2002 vintage.
On the nose, initial notes notes of just ripened fruits peach, mango and banana are rounded out with mature notes of white pepper, flint and marzipan.
On the palate, a preliminary crispness -notes of nectarine and currant - gives way to a succulent, creamy richness, with the impression of expansive flavour asserting itself and lingering on a bittersweet, deliciously appetizing note of pomelo
Assemblage and Dosage
Chardonnay: 42 %
Pinot Noir: 39 %
Pinot Meunier: 19 %
Dosage: 5 g/litre