Customer reviews

Missing
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 16 June 2016
Having just finished reading a book called "Borstal Girl" I was looking for a new book and came across one called "missing" so I downloaded a sample of it to read. I realised the connection to "Borstal Girl" after the first few pages. it's author was Shelley Mackenny and granddaughter to Eileen Mackenny the author of Borstal Girl..... And the same as when I hadn't been able to put the book "Borstal Girl" down, I also read "missing" within days. Both books are very well written and great reads, and which I'd definitely recommend to anyone wanting a really good, interesting read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 June 2014
I gave this book a five star rating because of its content I couldn't put it down, I've known shelley and her family for a very long time I still live in the house next to where shelley was left when she was three years old it was me that went and got Eileen to come and get you shell as I heard you crying and call out for help on that night, during the day you were playing in the front garden with my daughter and your mum and I were drinking tea and watching over the pair of you everything was normal or so I thought but there is still one thing that plays on my mind and it was something that your mother said
on 18 June 2014
This book gives an interesting but somewhat sad insight into a way of life that appears all to easy to fall into and sadly far more difficult to get out of!!. Well done Shelley for telling the story and trying to help others who may be facing the same difficulties in the future.
on 6 July 2014
A fantastic book.!! I did not put this book down, an amazing woman with an amazing story to tell. You have to read this book, I promise you will not be disappointed.!
on 30 June 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book and was hooked from start to finish. An interesting insight into missing people. An eye opener.
on 29 July 2014
A very moving ture story mad me think hiw easy things can get out if control and made me rethink how my life ahould go from now on
on 24 September 2014
Such a great book describing a life full of many emotions, sadness, survival, hopefulness, love, it was wonderful to find a happy ending as this young woman went through hell to get there, but she did get there and she got there on her own and dealt with the trials of life and became a stronger person in the process, amazing story. Best wishes to her and her family.
on 17 June 2014
Excellent read of a book. Was sad to finish it then bought eileen's book "borstal girl" so reading that now.
on 1 August 2014
I read her grandmothers book Borstal Girl and this continued the story. A good summer easy read - would recommend
on 10 June 2014
great book I love the kindle and this is just another great addition to my library have recommended to friends