Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Jun 2011, 08:56:05 BST
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2011, 12:14:30 BST
Ref my review dated 27 Mar 11.

A few months later and I've just got back from a month in the USA where I took some 2200 photos/video (shared between my TZ10 and my EOS as that has a polarising filter which takes much better photos in bright/blue-sky conditions).

The TZ10 video capability proved to be as good as I have already hinted at.

However, I also found the panorama-assist function to be absolutely priceless. With a bit of effort you can produce stunning wide-vista shots of scenery etc using the included software which automatically collates the related photos together and then produces a seamless large/panoramic photo. Left along to do it's stuff, it takes the software about a minute or so to produce the result, whereas doing it yourself manually could take hours !

For the best chance of a seam less panorama, the trick is to use the zoom no wider than a 4x setting, so that the joining photos are not distorted by being at wide-angle and so they merge perfectly since they are all 'flat' views....

My trip also showed that I STILL haven't mastered all the functions of the camera. I completely forgot/was ignorant about the multitude of vital exposure settings you can make via the '+/-' button which sits above the 'Menu/Set' button.

I'm used to using exposure compensation/auto-bracketing on my SLR but should have realised that the TZ10 also has those capabilities. See pages 53-55 of the user guide to ensure you don't make the same mistake that I did !
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  14 Jun 2011
Latest post:  14 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer