Customer reviews

Miss Buncle Married
Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 December 2013
I had the first book (Miss Buncle's book) for many years and had never managed to track down the sequel. Miss Buncle wrote her book to make some money but, not being what she called 'imaginative' used the characters in her village. The first book ends with her marrying her publisher and moving - just before the villagers come to call her to account. This sequel deals with her being afraid to write another book as she doesn't want to move again, having used people in her new situation as her characters.
The book won't appeal to anyone who likes lots of action and a thrilling storyline. Those of us who prefer to read well-written and happy stories about people we could meet anywhere, doing things we might do ourselves but with more interesting consequences, will enjoy it very much.
on 16 July 2012
In my opinion, you can't go far wrong with Persephone Press, and this is another fabulous book form htem. Miss Buncle Married follws on form Miss Buncle's Book, adn relates tthe story of Miss Barbara buncle now she has fled her old home and maried her publisher, Mr Arthur Abbott. I don't believe in giving great long resumes that may spoil the book for others, suffice to say it trots along at a gentle pace and is thoroughly enjoyable.
on 19 August 2013
I came across 'Miss Buncle's Book' in the Oxfam shop and was, as ever, seduced by the cover! But the story is excellent: well written and very absorbing, with nothing nasty in it! So I was delighted to find that there was a sequel, and I read it very quickly - couldn't put it down. I like the characters! There's a third book in the series and I have it on my Wish List!
on 23 January 2015
I first read this book in the 1950s and it started my lifelong love of D. E. Stephenson's books. As this one had been out of print for many years I didn't own a copy of it until now. It hasn't dated at all. It is full of humour and the characters are well drawn. Light reading but thoroughly enjoyable.
on 9 January 2016
Love the miss bundle
on 17 August 2015
A great follow up to Miss Buncle's Book. Looking forward to reading the third , The Two Mrs Abbotts. It's such a treat to read properly written English.

Persephone books are so special, a real pleasure to own.
on 20 July 2015
I first read this book many years ago . I enjoyed it then and it still has a certain charm.
on 4 October 2014
Delightd to get a book I had been looking for ,for a very long time.
on 19 January 2014
Not as fizzing as Miss Buncle's Book. Its the accideantal revelations of women's roles a the tome that is in a way shocking . you have to accept the clture of the times in which it was written
on 28 January 2013
This is the sequel to a book I enjoyed. This book is more "twee" and although readable I would not recommend it