- Explore our full range of fitness gear and clothing in the Fitness Store.
- Also check our best rated Fitness Tracker reviews
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Misfit Shine Fitness + Sleep Monitor (Jet Black)
|You Save:||£2.96 (5%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Simple: Set your own goals with Shine to see your progress - no buttons, no cables, no charging. Battery lasts up to 6 months.
- Measure: Tracks steps, distance, calories and light and heavy sleep.
- Strong: Built to last a lifetime - carved out of aircraft-grade aluminum it is water-resistant to 50 meters.
- Wearable: A tiny all-metal disc for any occasion that you can wear anywhere: wrist, shoe, bra, hip, neck.
- Multifunctional: Tracks activities such as cycling, swimming, soccer, tennis and functions as a watch.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The Misfit Shine is a sleek personal monitor that syncs with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and the free Shine app to track your activity level. You can wear it anywhere on your body for any type of activity. Simply tap it and a cluster of lights glows through the metal shell to indicate your progress toward your daily goal.
Use the free Shine app to set your goals. Then sync the data collected by your Shine monitor to the app by simply placing it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch screen. Any time you want, you can tap the app to see your progress. It's all done without buttons, cables, or recharging.
Built to last a lifetime, Shine is carved from aircraft-grade aluminum. An easy-to-change battery provides power for up to four months. And the unit is water-resistant, so you can include swimming in your training regimen.
Crafted like a piece of jewellery, Shine is a tiny disc with a lovely halo of lights that light up in relation to your activity level. It complements any style clothing. You can wear it anywhere-on your wrist, shoe, bra strap, belt, or around your neck. It comes with a one-size-fits-all Sport Band for your wrist.
Live smart. Look sharp.
Shine was designed to complement any fashion statement. Diamond-cut aluminum makes the Shine as beautiful and durable as your favorite jewelry and watches. And with a thinness of just 4mm at its edge, it’s so comfortable you’ll forget you’re wearing it. Wear it how you want, wherever you want for any occasion.
While it is waterproof up to 50 metres, the all-aluminum device also has thousands of micro laser drilled holes on its surface that let LED lights to shine through. These act as the device’s interface by illustrating the activity mode the device is currently tracking in with various LED configurations that represent running, swimming, or biking.
Keep time with Shine.
Using 12 LED lights Shine also functions as a watch, using its elegant, minimalist interface. Long-lasting battery up to six months means low maintenance: it looks after you, not the other way round. Three modes monitor normal activity levels, work-out intensity and sleep. It also tells time, so no need to wear a watch.
Misfit Shine was made to last a lifetime and designed to complement any fashion statement. Carved out of a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum, it is super strong and waterproof.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Simple, Smart and Elegant
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
Part of the idea behind the lean startup is to prove demand, and build products in a rapid, user-centered design cycle.
What makes your product special?
As well as being a gorgeous all-metal construction, Shine is also: Elegant: a tiny all-metal disc with a beautiful halo of lights Precious: precision crafted like jewelry to be worn on any occasion Goal-driven: tap to see progress towards your daily activity goal Bold design: no buttons, no cables, no recharging Amazing sync: just place it on your smartphone and it syncs, even in airplane mode Personal: set your own goals, visualize data, and get insights tailored for you
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
We're focused on developing great wearable products: things that a lot of people would wear all the time for a long time. Like jeans and t-shirts. We aim to pioneer the emerging world of wearables, by making products and services in the consumer health and fitness space to inspire people be more active and develop healthy habits. We were founded in 2011, and Misfit Shine is our first product.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:08 Mins|
This has been really well designed and allows you to wear this in a number of different ways. Using the provided magnetic strap you can pick between wearing this on thin clothing (such as a t-shirt), around a belt loop, or on your shoe laces. The magnet is very strong and feels like it will keep the Shine easily in place. Alternatively it can be worn like a watch by popping it into the included wrist strap (this is my preferred choice).
Once in place you can forget about it, it's nice and light and happily sits on your arm logging your activity. A big bonus over competitors is that as this doesn't have a screen it doesn't need need charging every day. The Shine has a user replaceable battery and no charging ports, which gives it another advantage in that it is waterproof, you can wear this in the shower or when swimming.
The companion app is really easy to use and displays data in a clear manner, but that's mainly due to the simplistic nature of the data. I wasn't too keen on the weight section, you need to manually enter your details. It would be nice to see Misfit developing this app to accept data from smart scales which are already on the market to save having to update it manually. This is really where the Shine falls down as the app isn't really that useful, it tells you about steps and sleep patterns, but nothing beyond this. I was expecting it might point something out about my sleep, or give some sort of feedback, instead it just makes a little graph.Read more ›
1) very inaccurate or exaggerated readings. Washing hair = 50steps and I apparently burnt 2,600calories sitting at my desk all day (I don't even eat that many and I am not losing weight!).
2) No instructions!! You can't figure out how to use this until you go to Amazon (where there is no instructions either) and then google to the developers website and watch the videos.
3) only works with certain iphone models, shame seeing as it works on bluetooth so could really be used on most devices if the developers created apps for these.
5) No option to set up an online account if you don't have an iphone. Not sure why they have chosen to do this when competitor apps you can view online.
6) Can't export data = always confined to the app.
7) The app is poor and doesn't really tell you much, you can't link it to other apps like myfitnesspal like you can with the other brands so you are essentially just seeing your steps for the day (or exaggerated calorie count) and how many hours you slept for, which in my opinion makes this a very overpriced pedometer!
There are good things about this over other brands, which are:
1) It tells the time (which other brands don't seem to do)
2) It looks slick and classy, also very lightweight and durable/waterproof
3) It tracks sleep
4) very comfortable to wear
5) comes with a watch strap but also a way to just "clip" via a magnet to your clothes when running or shoes
6) battery operated and lasts ages
Overall if I had paid £10 for this I would be happy with it as I was looking for a device to monitor my sleep and activity.Read more ›
On the aesthetic side, it looks really modern and many people have commented on my "cool watch" - little do they know what it's really capable of! It slick, tells the time (even in bright sunlight) and reminds me to move around more than usual. It's really amazing how I never have to charge it or change the battery. I can just wear it all the time without even thinking about it.
One of the best features is that it does not need GPS to work. This means that if I'm in a spin class or running on a treadmill, it still records my workout. You just need to attach the Shine to your shoe so that it records your movement.
One feature I'm looking forward to, is for the device to capture additional sporting activities. For example, it's not great at capturing weight lifting. I have read that they are looking to add these features, which will be great.
All in all, it's a brilliant product and I would recommend it to everyone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was 'forced' into buying this because of the woeful shambles Fitbug made of a software update, but am very glad I've made the change. Basically - it just works! Read morePublished 1 day ago by PatH
A week after purchasing this item I've still not got it working. There are no instructions apart from a couple of diagrams. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Mango
Bought for my son, who is now shed a lot of weight as a result. App works well, as does the unit itself. Very neat looking.
Easy to set up, and use. Read more
Didn't come with the right accessory and didn't include the action clasp to keep it in place and the battery that came with it was low and wasnt useable had to purchase a new... Read morePublished 28 days ago by Amazon Customer
Install battery, app via the app. Wait six months then change battery again! Accurate step counting, automatic activity detection, sleep detection. Read morePublished 1 month ago by honglong1976
The product worked for 4 months without a problem but then suddenly started having battery problems. When I changed the battery as it is described in the manual, it did not work. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Bought 2 of these. Quality good but nothing fell out and we're lost. Big mistake. Huge.Published 1 month ago by kate