Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Misfit Shine Fitness + Sleep Monitor (Jet Black)
|Price:||£59.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Simple: Set your own goals with Shine to see your progress - no buttons, no cables, no charging. Battery lasts up to 6 months.
- Measure: Tracks steps, distance, calories and light and heavy sleep.
- Strong: Built to last a lifetime - carved out of aircraft-grade aluminum it is water-resistant to 50 meters.
- Wearable: A tiny all-metal disc for any occasion that you can wear anywhere: wrist, shoe, bra, hip, neck.
- Multifunctional: Tracks activities such as cycling, swimming, soccer, tennis and functions as a watch.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Colour Name: Black
The Misfit Shine is a sleek personal monitor that syncs with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and the free Shine app to track your activity level. You can wear it anywhere on your body for any type of activity. Simply tap it and a cluster of lights glows through the metal shell to indicate your progress toward your daily goal.
Use the free Shine app to set your goals. Then sync the data collected by your Shine monitor to the app by simply placing it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch screen. Any time you want, you can tap the app to see your progress. It's all done without buttons, cables, or recharging.
Built to last a lifetime, Shine is carved from aircraft-grade aluminum. An easy-to-change battery provides power for up to four months. And the unit is water-resistant, so you can include swimming in your training regimen.
Crafted like a piece of jewellery, Shine is a tiny disc with a lovely halo of lights that light up in relation to your activity level. It complements any style clothing. You can wear it anywhere-on your wrist, shoe, bra strap, belt, or around your neck. It comes with a one-size-fits-all Sport Band for your wrist.
Live smart. Look sharp.
Shine was designed to complement any fashion statement. Diamond-cut aluminum makes the Shine as beautiful and durable as your favorite jewelry and watches. And with a thinness of just 4mm at its edge, it’s so comfortable you’ll forget you’re wearing it. Wear it how you want, wherever you want for any occasion.
While it is waterproof up to 50 metres, the all-aluminum device also has thousands of micro laser drilled holes on its surface that let LED lights to shine through. These act as the device’s interface by illustrating the activity mode the device is currently tracking in with various LED configurations that represent running, swimming, or biking.
Keep time with Shine.
Using 12 LED lights Shine also functions as a watch, using its elegant, minimalist interface. Long-lasting battery up to six months means low maintenance: it looks after you, not the other way round. Three modes monitor normal activity levels, work-out intensity and sleep. It also tells time, so no need to wear a watch.
Misfit Shine was made to last a lifetime and designed to complement any fashion statement. Carved out of a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum, it is super strong and waterproof.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Simple, Smart and Elegant
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
Part of the idea behind the lean startup is to prove demand, and build products in a rapid, user-centered design cycle.
What makes your product special?
As well as being a gorgeous all-metal construction, Shine is also: Elegant: a tiny all-metal disc with a beautiful halo of lights Precious: precision crafted like jewelry to be worn on any occasion Goal-driven: tap to see progress towards your daily activity goal Bold design: no buttons, no cables, no recharging Amazing sync: just place it on your smartphone and it syncs, even in airplane mode Personal: set your own goals, visualize data, and get insights tailored for you
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
We're focused on developing great wearable products: things that a lot of people would wear all the time for a long time. Like jeans and t-shirts. We aim to pioneer the emerging world of wearables, by making products and services in the consumer health and fitness space to inspire people be more active and develop healthy habits. We were founded in 2011, and Misfit Shine is our first product.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Until recently, I felt activity monitors were ugly, bulky and impractical.
The Shine, however, is attractive to look at and has many features that make it practical to use.
I have been very happy with my purchase mainly for the following reasons:
1. Easy and enjoyable to wear - and being waterproof and comfortable, I can forget I am wearing it for days! I can wear it on my shoe when cycling, on my wrist when swimming (being waterproof I never need to take it off) and wear it on a necklace when I would rather wear a different watch and not have two on show. I normally wear it on my wrist though, as it is so lightweight I cannot feel it, thin so it doesn't catch on clothes and attractive to look at. I also enjoy using the smarter leather strap.
2. Battery life - unlike other activity trackers, I can keep the Shine on for months with no charging required. I'd much prefer to buy a replacement battery every few months than have to remember to charge it each night.
3. The app - It is visually appealing and user friendly, giving good guidance on how to set targets by giving examples of how much time walking, running or swimming your chosen points target equates to. I spent the first few days adjusting the target based on how much activity I achieved, which was quick and easy to do. Another bonus is being able to tap the Shine three times to tag and start tracking different activities than walking. For example, I have chosen for my Shine to track tennis if I tap three times. I can also choose an activity retrospectively on the app when looking back at my day's activity - If I hold my finger down on an activity, I can change it to a different activity from the list. This makes sure the activity tracking is as accurate as possible.
I would highly recommend the Shine. It is stylish and practical, and makes tracking fitness targets enjoyable!
1. Its much more discrete than the others - the fuelband put my off straight away as its just too bulky and the flex looks like a cheap bit of plastic so that was a no go
2. You dont have to take it off. Lots of the Withings reviews comment on how annoying it is to have to charge so this was a big plus that it's just got a battery
3. Its 100% waterproof. Again the others can't all be taken swimming/shower and people who own the flex say that it goes all gunky and gross if you wear it in the shower - again I wanted one that I knew I never had to take off!
4. It can track cycling - I have now used it a few times by putting it on my sock using the magnetic clasp and it is great as I ride into work every morning.
As soon as I started using the shine I loved it - I have gotten so into hitting my daily target it's a little unhealthy (yes running on the spot before I've gone to bed has actually happened!). the interface on the app is very simple and clearly displays your goal, your steps etc.
The calories count seemed to be showing very high so I emailed their customer support about it and they said that it includes the calories your body naturally burns as well as the exercise you do on top (i.e. you burn calories naturally when you sleep so these are on the count).
All in all would defiantly recommend. I am very happy with my purchase (am thinking about buying it as a Xmas pressie too so might be back on Amazon sooner than I expected!)
|Length: 4:08 Mins|
This has been really well designed and allows you to wear this in a number of different ways. Using the provided magnetic strap you can pick between wearing this on thin clothing (such as a t-shirt), around a belt loop, or on your shoe laces. The magnet is very strong and feels like it will keep the Shine easily in place. Alternatively it can be worn like a watch by popping it into the included wrist strap (this is my preferred choice).
Once in place you can forget about it, it's nice and light and happily sits on your arm logging your activity. A big bonus over competitors is that as this doesn't have a screen it doesn't need need charging every day. The Shine has a user replaceable battery and no charging ports, which gives it another advantage in that it is waterproof, you can wear this in the shower or when swimming.
The companion app is really easy to use and displays data in a clear manner, but that's mainly due to the simplistic nature of the data. I wasn't too keen on the weight section, you need to manually enter your details. It would be nice to see Misfit developing this app to accept data from smart scales which are already on the market to save having to update it manually. This is really where the Shine falls down as the app isn't really that useful, it tells you about steps and sleep patterns, but nothing beyond this. I was expecting it might point something out about my sleep, or give some sort of feedback, instead it just makes a little graph.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love it, for any like me who had problems with fitbit & others that I could'nt download on my samsung s2,this one's ideal. Read morePublished 1 day ago by malcolm burton
Got for present my daughter got one already got this type as person it for works in hospital cannot wear on wrist my daughter found the battery runs down quickly so I'm going to... Read morePublished 27 days ago by brenda
So far so good. Looks great, app is easy to download and love that I don't have to charge it. Have only used in the watch strap, but really happy would recommend as an entry... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tbird
Seemed to work well for a week but the strap catch broke so I returned it. Did not see the point of getting another as it seems to be a common problem.Published 2 months ago by Simon H.
I bought this as I coukd wear 24/7 and swim! Well I did swim and it fell out! I am not a vigorous swimmer so I have no idea why it came out. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Ms C G Ellison
Not easy to get started, lack of instruction and limited assistance. Intermittent sync problems and then 18 months down the line stopped working completely. Read morePublished 2 months ago by C Nee
product seems ok however i would urge caution if purchasing as an android user as the app that goes along this product is a rather cutdown version of the apple app. Read morePublished 2 months ago by C. L. B