- Hardcover: 496 pages
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson; 01 edition (10 Aug. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0500238375
- ISBN-13: 978-0500238370
- Product Dimensions: 20.1 x 4.6 x 26.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 629,889 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Mirror of the World: A New History of Art Hardcover – 8 Oct 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
An extraordinary book for any reader.
This extraordinary and beautifully written book tells a vivid and compelling new story of art for the 21st century. Concise, lucid and original, Julian Bell's account is truly unlike any other. Previous histories have tended to focus only on the masterpieces of Western art, or else consider developments around the world as separate, unrelated phenomena. Bell's remarkable achievement is to take a global perspective and to bring the distinct stories together in one convincing narrative. He sees the whole of visual creativity as a piece and draws insightful and inspired connections between different continents and cultures and across the millennia. The result is a rich and seamless tapestry that provides the perfect introduction to the subject.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?