on 16 January 2018
I quite enjoyed this book as it gave me the motivation I needed to start decluttering my home & life and so far it feels good! I am a hoarder, I always like to hold onto things just in case I might need or want them in the future but the reality is that in most cases I never do. I have been selling things that have a nominal value on Facebook and putting the funds in a pot for a family holiday or activity and anything else is being listed on Freegle and being given away to others who might have some use for it because I don't like to throw things into the landfill if they still have some useful life in them.
One person found this helpful
on 23 April 2018
It's a great starter guide to help you realise how much stuff you accumulated over the years and how much stress that it can have over you. Starting small and building up can clear space and help you simplify life.
VINE VOICEon 14 November 2017
Just stating the obvious. If you haven't used it or worn it this year, get rid of it. Quite a dull read.
on 21 November 2017
This is the best book I have read on decluttering and living a minimalist lifestyle. Love this book. Inspiring and highly motivational. Read it.
on 18 April 2018
Ipad taking up too much space. Needs to go.
on 11 February 2018
Interesting and thought provoking. I read this book after having already sorting through my belongings, though the theory of minimalism outlined in this book and the process for removing clutter is well thought out.
on 5 December 2017
This was an easy read, glad I read it and some useful bits to follow but a little but preachy in places
on 12 January 2016
good as wxpected
on 5 June 2014
Quite a short book but it contains lots of practical advice on how to declutter and how to psychologically let go of stuff.
There was a very good chapter on how to declutter as a couple.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 September 2016
I have recently started looking into minimalism as a way out of a rut I seem to be in. This book is a wonderful introduction to the how and why of getting started. Truly inspirational as well as practical and I've already started on my minimalism journey by following tips I've read. I'm following the example of the lady who clears out her dining room set so she has room to dance and clearing my own dining room so I have room to exercise again.

This book was a brilliant buy, well written and a joy to read. I heartily recommend it.
2 people found this helpful