Customer reviews

Colour: Blue|Change

on 28 December 2013
This torch has revolutionised my life. It's just the right size to fit in my mouth so that I can have my hands from for all those previously cumbersome night time tasks from getting the logs in, emptying the chamberpot, walking the dog (no torch-mouth action required for this one, except for getting him untangled from brambles!), getting my keys out to unlock the front door or chasing badgers and other nocturnal beasts from the garden and of course checking under the bed for monsters (and over it for spiders!) It's so powerful I can identify approaching strangers from down the end of the lane to give me time to prepare an appropriate greeting! It's nearly completely waterproof, has survived the occasional puddle drop and more often my perpetual salivation (only whilst I have a torch in my mouth! I'm not a drooler!) I had been managing with the normal AA batteried maglite for the previous 20 years (yes it lasted that long!) and the weight of it was giving me crooked teeth, not to mention having to find and change that comparatively dim bulb every five years or so. This new mini maglite is a beauty! It even still has the good old 'free standing candle mode', although the new super white and bright LED isn't quite as romantic as the yellowish light from the old style bulb. My girlfriend envied it so much she practically demanded one for herself for Christmas (although a red one rather than black, which is just as well because I wouldn't want her taking mine home my mistake!)
on 2 April 2017
Compact and super-bright! There are cheaper torches of comprable brightness available, but they often come with unnecessary modes that you have to cycle through, or are bigger. This is simple and elegant. I'm dropping one star however because I nearly lost it when it was attached to my bag through the loop hole in the battery cap. The cap became unscrewed, and the torch dropped off - fortunately into my bag. So, I no longer use the loop hole and just keep the torch loose in my bag.
on 28 August 2016
Very bright for it's size, with good battery life and works every time. If it starts to flicker, that's a sign to have some new batteries ready.
I have two of these now, and they're my favourite Maglite torches. They don't take up much more room in your pocket than a pen.
The first one I bought is two years old now and is still working like it was when new.
on 4 June 2013
This is a lovely little flash-light and is much brighter than the original incandescent bulb version at 84 lumens against 9 for the original. The pocket clip is very handy not only for holding in your pocket but also to prevent it rolling off horizontal surfaces and it it is very slim, comfortable in the hand and really will fit your shirt pocket. Also something that is new for the smaller Maglites this one has a serial number unique to each light, and it can be registered with Maglite so that it can be traced afterwards if it should be for example lost and found.
on 4 June 2014
I needed something that was not so big when lying down I would cripple my leg and something not too small to produce enough light to see into the depths of some AMF machines.
This ticks all the boxes. The anodised blue body is great to spot if I drop it in a pile of scummy stuff and runs on two AAA's which is not very demanding to obtain from any shop.

Maglite..guess they will never change, always a great choice, very happy customer.
on 12 January 2015
My old maglite expired some years after I modified it with an LED kit, so I decided to upgrade to the real deal. It's a nice, lightweight LED torch - however, the head-turn mechanism is not solid-feeling like the old maglites. In fact it feels quite wobbly/fragile and indeed the first one I had to send back because there seemed a loose connection leading to flickering on and off. The replacement doesn't flicker - but still feels a bit wobbly.... Not sure how long it will last...
on 6 October 2016
To Dog, this isn't the 1st Maglite I have bought, LED ones are far superior.
on 6 December 2013
This is a great item, very compact, great light from it. good quality
The LED Light is very strong,

Thanks
on 12 December 2016
Does the job, quick delivery.
on 11 November 2016