Customer reviews

Mindfulness Plain & Simple
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 28 July 2017
a good book indeed and it arrived on time and everything was fine with it
on 12 October 2017
This is a really great little book on mindfulness. Doesn’t go into as much detail as other books I’ve read but gives you the right amount of information and the excercises are easy to incorporate into daily life.
on 15 October 2013
This book was recommended to me by a friend as a way to help with stress. Even though it had some good advice and pointers in it, it was quite confusing when explaining how to be 'mindful'. I am persevering with it though as it does help relax me.
on 19 March 2014
Straight forward easy read about focussing on the moment. I would recommednd this to anyone interested in mindfulness and thginking about the value of meditation.
on 1 January 2013
Succinct, yet warm, accessible yet meaningful. For these reasons this is by far the best book on mindfulness i have ever read. Highly recommended; do yourself a kindness and buy this wondeful little book.
on 14 July 2013
As far as overviews into mindfulness go, this book does well. It is clear and concise in its delivery making the text readable and accessible for all, not just academics.

Doyle has broken down the subject of mindfulness into bite-size, manageable topics making it easy to take in the information provided. The sub-sections in which these topics are placed provide a gradual path that takes you through brief explanations and applications for real life. They also provide handy reference points if you're looking to skim read this book for the sections you require.

However, for me as a novice within this area, I found this book created more questions than it answered. The more I read the more I wanted to question, and that subsequently led to me challenging the concept of mindfulness - something I'm sure the author did not intend. I think the topic of mindfulness brings up many queries as it is being discussed, and although Doyle touches upon some of them, I found myself seeking bigger, greater explanations. As the title suggests 'Plain & Simple' Doyle was obviously trying to avoid complex discussions and explanations. Unfortunately his approach wasn't quite indepth enough for me.

As a starting text I would recommend this book for anyone. Given that it's short in length, basic and provides an outline, it will certainly provide you with enough of an insight to decide if you wish to pursue further texts. If you're looking to read this book to further your knowledge, this just isn't the text you're looking for!
33 Comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 September 2017
I'M GOING TO MAKE MY REVIEW SHORT AND SIMPLE READ THIS BOOK AND IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE MY HEAD WAS LIKE A HURRICANE WHAT IF I'D DONE THIS DIFFENTLY THE PAST HAS GONE WORRYING ABOUT FUTURE EVENTS THAT HAVE NOT EVEN HAPPENED ALL THAT MATTERS IS NOW THE PRESENT MOMENT ENJOY IT THIS BOOK WILL TEACH YOU THAT AS I SAID LIFE CHANGING AMAZING GIFT OF MINDFULNESS IS FOR ALL AND HOW TO BE MINDFULNESS IN EVERYDAY LIFE AND SITUATIONS CAN NOT RECOMMEND THIS BOOK ENOUGH I COULD HUG THE AUTHOR OLI DOYLE FOR HIS AMAZING TEACHING OF MINDFULNESS YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE ONLY GAIN FROM MINDFULNESS IF YOU TRULY WANT TO BE HAPPY AGAIN READ THIS BOOK
on 13 June 2013
I found this book impossible to put down and at a time in my life where I question everything I thought was lacking, it made me mindful of how fortunate I am; and that happiness and peace come from within and have always been there. The exercises are explained easily and as a mental health nurse I feel I can share with my patients what I practice at home. A peaceful skill for life, that shuts out the negative noise from our chattering brains.
on 13 June 2017
Such a lovely, lovely book.
After years of stressing and pressurising myself with self help books after a wobbly upbringing, I have finally found something that actually makes me feel happier and calmer about everything. It's written in a very calm, laid back, accessible style, which leaves you feeling free from the overwhelming demands of other self help books I've read. I don't think I need to read any other self help books, other than those promoting mindfulness techniques.

A great book.
on 9 April 2017
Excellent little book of support and wisdom. Easy to read and easy to apply the mindfulness approach. I liked this book so much that I bought a few copies for family and friends. A great companion.