Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 9 February 2003
This is an extremely perceptive, intelligent and well written book. Not only is it intellectually stimulating, it is also practically relevant to everyone in business today. I read it without any in-depth knowledge of Buddhism, and a general scepticism about religion, but was pleasantly surprised by the insight that the authors bring to the world of business in the twenty-first century. I would strongly recommend that you read this book- you may not find eternal enlightenment, but you will be better for the experience!
on 30 October 2009
I picked up this book by chance, while I was looking for a book about "mindfulness". The word "mindfulness" has been used in many contexts including philosophies, Buddhism, psychology and Yoga. But what makes this book stand out from the other books is to focus particularly on the relationship between our own faith (or beliefs/ ethics) and our real attitude towards money. This book will show how we can reflect our values when dealing with such matters.
Having witnessed many people (including myself) who struggle to reflect their values when it comes to money/work matters, I found this book surprisingly refreshing and enormously helpful.
The book shows many examples of real people from all walks of life, it also describes how we can live "skilfully" (rather than be judged as "good" or "bad"). There are many practical exercises that help you to assess your values regarding these hidden issues and it is worth trying them by yourself and with your family/friends.
If you come to the point where you see some conflict between money (work) and your inner voice, this is a book you should read, regardless of your background or faith.