- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Mindfulness Paperback – 12 Feb 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
J. Mark G. Williams, Ph.D. is Professor of Clinical Psychology and Director of the Oxford Mindfulness Centre at the University of Oxford, UK. His research focuses on how best to alleviate depression and suicidality. Previous publications include Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World (2011) and The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness (2007).
Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D. is Professor of Medicine Emeritus, and Founder of MBSR and the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA. He teaches mindfulness meditation as AN APPROACH to help people cope with stress, anxiety, pain and illness. Previous publications include Mindfulness for Beginnners: Reclaiming the Present Moment – and Your Life (2012) and Letting Everything Become Your Teacher: One Hundred Lessons in Mindfulness (2009).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
If you want to have a better understanding of the roots and meaning behind the practice then look no further (supported also by many evidence based journal articles and research). If you want to be spoon fed and have a instant coffee attitude to the practice then you obviously don't get it in the first place!
it's only good for you if you are interested in the theory and research of Mindfulness practice.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Really, really interesting, a very good book to extend your working knowledgePublished on 18 Sept. 2014 by annie mellor
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Philosophy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z