on 7 June 2014
This book was purchased as a gift, but I read it first and found that it seemed
to be based on some Buddhist concepts of Mindfulness and not really any new ideas,
but nevertheless, good advice contained inside and should be useful to some.
on 14 October 2017
This book is written very clearly and without stuffiness or "long words". I enjoyed reading it very much and although it has been mentioned that Mindfulness ideas do mirror Buddhist philosophies, it doesn't boggle the brain and leave one feeling incapable of grasping this life enhancing method of enjoying every moment of our precious lives.
on 1 March 2016
I eventually got around to reading this book and I really like it. It is well-written and easy to put into practice. I can honestly say I am more mindful and focused after reading this book. I've noticed that I'm happier and more relaxed. I would recommend this book. I only wish I had read it earlier - I downloaded it a while ago.
on 7 August 2013
I love this book! It suited me perfectly. An easy read,I found it was a complete breath of fresh air, given that Mindfulness has become so popular and has had so many words written about it. It gives simple directions and inspiration for managing painful emotions like anger and worry, and provides straightforward exercises which anybody can practice, becoming aware of what you are doing, thinking and feeling. No long courses required! It could be said this is the perfect beginner's guide, but on the other hand, it is also a remedy and a reminder for long time practitioners or meditators who need to become uncomplicated again in their practice and purpose, each day. It's basically a book for everyone.The author's colloquial style makes everyday mindfulness very accessible.I can dip into it again and again, have it on the bedside table, in my bag, whatever. Like a lovely, calming, clear companion, it nudges you back step-by-step to the here and now, a place you really do know but have just forgotten, to appreciate Life, and breathe again. A great buy and a great "present" for anyone.
0Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 May 2017
Very usefulness, easy to read introduction to mindfulness
on 6 September 2013
If you are busy multi tasking and rushing from place to place, slow down and read this book. The scientific evidence shows that if we can live in the present, not the past or future we will all feel better.
It is not particularly well written but gets the point across with lots of ways of applying mindfulness to your life
on 22 November 2013
This book is excellent for those of us who simply do not find the time to practice formal Mindfulness as much as we may like - demands on our time, like children, elderly and sick parents, stressful jobs, etc - informal mindfulness practice is needed - and this book provides all you need for this. A great help and just what I needed so thanks Gill Hasson you have written a lovely book where there is a gap in the market for informal Mindfulness practice.
on 23 August 2013
This is a great book simple, easy to understand, takes the mystique out of mindfulness, easy to read, full of fabulous tips on how to change your life. It also flows with a structure that makes sense. TOtally makes the case for living mindfully, making changes in your life that will be to your advantage. I think Gill Hasson has done a fabulous job in writing this book.
on 27 May 2017
Very helpful and easy
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 January 2014
It has made me think differently about how i live my life and i feel able to cope better. I feel calmer and more in control. I have also persuaded several other people to buy this book, so huge is its effect on me.