Mindfulness- and Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapies in Practice (Guides to Individualized Evidence-based Treatment) Hardcover – 24 Nov 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Wide ranging in its coverage and grounded in its delivery, this book illustrates the nuts and bolts of mindfulness- and acceptance-based clinical care without straying far from the authors' behavioral roots. This impressive volume will prove indispensable to therapists, students, and researchers eager to learn about the promise these models hold."--Zindel V. Segal, Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Canada
"This outstanding book describes the most up-to-date conceptualizations of mindfulness- and acceptance-based procedures, which are components of most, if not all, successful therapies. The authors present a modular approach for integrating these empirically supported techniques into the treatment of patients with diverse problems. This is the shape of things to come--a book that should be read by every clinician and clinical trainee who wants to stay abreast of advances in psychological treatments."--David H. Barlow, PhD, ABPP, Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry and Founder and Director Emeritus, Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders, Boston University
"This timely and important volume offers an insider's view of what is essential and unique about mindfulness- and acceptance-based treatments. The authors show how core mechanisms of therapeutic change, derived from clinical science, can be flexibly applied in therapy that is client centered, compassionate, and emotionally connected. They provide a nuanced understanding of complex theoretical issues and how they bear on actual treatment. This readable book will be welcomed by seasoned clinicians for its conceptual clarity and wealth of clinical exercises, and by beginning therapists as a trustworthy guide to acceptance-based behavioral treatment."--Christopher K. Germer, PhD, private practice, Cambridge, Massachusetts
"With the growing interest in mindfulness- and acceptance-based behavioral therapies, many practitioners and students are seeking a practical book like this one to fill a gap in their training. The volume offers a detailed, step-by-step explanation of each phase of assessment, case conceptualization, and treatment. I highly recommend this excellent, well-written, theoretically informed guide."--Gabriele Melli, PhD, President, Institute of Behavioral and Cognitive Psychology and Psychotherapy of Florence, Italy
"Roemer and Orsillo provide a practical, balanced, and comprehensive review of mindfulness- and acceptance-based treatments for anxiety, depression, and a range of other problems. They also discuss how these strategies can be used in the context of other behavioral approaches. This is an essential book for anyone planning to integrate mindfulness and acceptance-based strategies into his or her clinical practice, from the novice to the seasoned therapist."--Martin M. Antony, PhD, ABPP, Department of Psychology, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About the Author
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services