Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£11.99|
Save £0.60 (5%)
The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Kindle Daily Deals: Books from 99p
Sign-up to the Kindle Daily Deal email newsletter to discover daily deals from 99p.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
invest a bit of time in yourself,,you`re worth it..
Don't let the title put you off - I thought it sounded like a book for those who self harm. And in a strange sense it is, because we all can fall into the trap of emotionally beating up on ourselves - when we shouldn't. This is a book about how to find ways to be at peace with what goes on in your head and sort it all out into the right place so you can carry on your life in a better and calmer way. Some of the techniques, you may not need for ever, but I would thoroughly recommend this book for anyone who has gone through a period of serious stress, and who feels they need a way to gather all those bits of junk that float around in your head into a sensible and more ordered form, so you can get on with the rest of your life.
Life is very hard and we are very hard on ourselves - some times we just need to cut ourselves a bit of slack and stand back to admire the view and smell the coffee.
The book is well laid out and full of exercises and thought provoking comments. It is easily read but not to the point of dumbing down the message, it explained mindfulness in a very straight forward way.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What a lovely book! I would strongly recommend it! It was like self-compassion was oozing from the pages, beautifully written and very easy to read.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great book! Some might find it hard to keep up with all the practices/activities in the book.Published 7 months ago by Daniel Rogan
Not the easiest of books to read and I appreciate it is not written as a novel. Perhaps I need to go back and start again!!Published 7 months ago by Emily Bronte
Made me think.. made me change ways to feel/act so I am very happy with it.. reading slowly as I am doing the exercises.. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Healing
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Emotions
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > Meditation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Alternative Medicine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Mental Health
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Medicine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Psychology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Self-Help