Mind Performance Hacks: Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain Paperback – 16 Feb 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Mind Performance Hacks" is an entertaining and rewarding read for anyone interested in improving the way they use their brain. Many of the hacks are really a framework upon which to build your own systems... The techniques are inspiring and practical." Gavin Inglis, news@UK, June 2006
From the Publisher
Mind Performance Hacks provides real-life tips and tools for overclocking your brain and becoming a better thinker. In the increasingly frenetic pace of today's information economy, managing your life requires hacking your brain. With this book, you'll cut through the clutter and tune up your brain intentionally, safely, and productively.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The hacks themselves are split neatly into eight sections: Memory, information processing, creativity, math, decision making, communication, clarity, and 'mental fitness'
Some of the hacks in the book are pretty intense, requiring a fair amount of legwork (or should that be brainwork?) to get them up and running. Some of the memory systems for example would clearly need you to remember the system before you could remember other things!
I loved the way that the hacks are set out - starting out with what the hack will achieve, how it would work 'in action', then applying it so that you can see how it would work 'in real life'
My favourite section was the Creativity section, with some great ideas and tips for getting the old grey matter ticking along. As with every O'Reilly book I've read, the author's style is friendly, clear and informative, not to mention funny.
You may not use all the hacks in this book, but I'll bet you a dollar you come out of it wanting to try more than a few. Top stuff.
On the first day of reading, I used number sixteen to reorganize some of the information I had gathered for another book--the method was a completely unexpected and welcome find.
One of the things I like most about "Mind Performance Hacks" is the variety presented. As well as the obvious cognitive subjects--remembering things, calculating things, and organizing things--other less left-brained methods are given, including instructions on meditation and self hypnosis.
It is a wonderful collection and very useful to come back to when needed, so I heartily recommend it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great collection of clearly presented, applicable ideas for improving your performance across a wide variety of areas. Read morePublished on 24 Jan. 2012 by J. PORTER
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Memory Improvement
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Reference > Language > Reading Skills
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Productivity
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics