Format: DVD|Change

on 2 December 2013
This is an interesting dvd to review. When Milton is doing his one-liners he is unbeatable. The best in the world and when he's in momentum in this show with his one-liner set-pieces it is genius we are seeing illuminating the stage.

There are lots of these sections of the show and they take place intermittently throughout his performance and they hold everything together. The problem is the parts in-between the genius. They are... Dare I say it dull?
For example, for a good long portion of the show we are left looking at poor drawing on a projector screen and watching his blank stares at the audience members. They are time-fillers and its shows. They aren't boring, but its obvious what they are and these are the moments that you take out your phone and check your messages.

The dvd is short, about an hour long. There is zero swearing or sexual innuendo. You could happily watch this dvd with you mum and she will love to watch it with you.
It is one complete show (unlike his first release which was just clips from various shows).

When he's doing his one-liners, then this is the best entertainment ever, but you will have to sit through the time-filling segments. Its not a bad thing as it relieves you from laughing continuously for the whole hour. But perhaps that what I wanted to do while watching a comedy dvd. I also would have wished it to be a lot, lot longer.
on 3 December 2013
I found this fairly disappointing. Some of the one liners were very good, but the pace seemed very slow and it never got going. I also don't see what the Grandfather character adds to the whole experience.

Very funny in spells, but expected more.
on 19 March 2014
Unlike Miltons other DVDs I found this one disappointing for the first 30 mins, the jokes not quite hitting the mark. The second half was much better with many classic one liners which rank alongside his best. There are a few musical moments which don't really work and feel as if they are just trying to fill up the running time. Not as consistently good as his other tours but still moments of genius which elevate him above most other comedians.
on 27 February 2016
You can't beat seeing a proper live performance, but failing that, a recording of a live performance is the next best thing. A thoroughly enjoyable DVD, but if you get the chance to see him live then make sure you do.
on 18 March 2015
He is brilliantly crazy. As there are very few comedians,that actually tell jokes these days,it's great that Milton Jones turns out these great dvds.
You also get to meet his 'grandad' on this recording.
on 29 December 2013
We went and saw this show live. It is great to see the DVD because as soon as we walked out of the show we couldn't remember any of the jokes although we had laughed the entire show. This is a great DVD as all ages can watch it as there are no jokes where you want to hide behind the sofa as you are watching it with your teenage children or parents. Very very funny quick one liners. Well done Mr Milton Jones.
on 25 January 2014
I watched this live and I had never laughed so much in my life, I decided to buy it to relive the funny moments and was disappointed. If you haven't seen it yet you may find it amusing but I remember all the jokes and it really isn't as funny as I remember. It's made worst by the audience who don't seem to be enjoying themselves, when I watched it live the audience constantly laughed at anything but this audience just clap or sit there blankly. If you're a fan of Milton I recommend it, but next time watch it live because you can't beat the atmosphere. I'm currently watching it and have got so bored I'm writing this review.
on 24 March 2014
Bought as a present, and the recipient was thrilled to receive it.
He made us all watch it and we laughed all the way through it.
Excellent speedy delivery.
on 22 March 2014
Not as good as previous mainly because he's doing a lot with his grandad character. But overall it's still brilliant!
on 27 March 2014
Apsolutly one the most best comedians out their, saw this tour live at Chesterfield and the it was a full house. The DVD match's expectations and would defiantly recommend if you did not see him on this tour.