- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Teach Yourself Books (31 Aug. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0340803010
- ISBN-13: 978-0340803011
- Package Dimensions: 19.8 x 12.2 x 1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 6,312,523 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The "Miller's Tale" (TY Advanced Lit Guides) Paperback – 31 Aug 2001
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
- Chaucer's life
- Background and upbringing
- What are the Cantebury Tales?
- What else did Chaucer write?
- Historical and social background
- Words and concepts
- The social structure
- The Church
- The monarchy
- The status of women
- Literary background
- The Prologue
- The Tale
- The Miller
- Ignorance and superstition
- Pride and vanity
- Love and lust
LANGUAGE, STYLE AND STRUCTURE
- Reading aloud
- Poets' debt to Chaucer
- Chaucer's language
- Language and characterization
- Alliteration and onomatopeoia
- Links between the Prologue and Tale
- How does The Miller's Tale fit in with other Tales?
- How does Chaucer make the plot credible?
- Narrative voice
- Pace shifts and shifts of focus
- Music and religion
- Morality and values in the tale
COMMENTARY ON THE PROLOGUE
COMMENTARY ON THE TALE
HOW TO GET AN 'A' IN ENGLISH LITERATURE
THE EXAM ESSAY
MODEL ANSWER AND ESSAY PLAN
GLOSSARY OF LITERARY TERMS
I used this book while studying The Miller's Tale for A Level English.Read more ›