Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 12 May 2009
I would never pretend to be anything like an expert on porcelain or pottery. I have a passing interest and it was while I was browsing through an antiques fair that I thought it might help if I had a better idea at just what I was looking at. I did a search on Amazon and decided on this book. I made the right choice.

'Miller's Pottery and Porcelain Marks' is an excellent guide. It shows makers marks very clearly and also has useful text. It is also a very handy size and carrying it around wouldn't be a problem at all. I can't say that it will make me an expert but it will most probably be a big help in judging what is old,recent or modern. Highly recommended.
on 28 January 2010
This book only lists popular makers shown on TV's Antiques Roadshow & Flog it-it avoids the lesser known smaller victorian potteries like Cauldron Ltd, a pity because pottery workers of the Midlands who created beautiful works in both porcelain & pottery deserve a better memorial to their art, most of these old potteries were destroyed in the second world war never to be rebuilt.
on 20 July 2011
The book is quite peculiar. First: it includes a couple of main makers
and a couple you never heard of (almost).
THen if you check for example "Sevres"
the pieces shown on photos are of museum quality.
What you get is history.
The small format of the book is good, but you will need
to put in a LOT of extra notes..
on 22 September 2011
Just what I wanted. Helps us to sort out all the different pottery makers over the past 300 years. Good format, too.