on 11 August 2010
Very well set out, tries to give alot of information in a pocket sized book, it pulls it off very well. For the antique collector thats looking to expand his/her horizons its a very good read to help you on your way. Will be in my bag whenever i got car booting! :)
on 9 June 2010
Its perhaps an impossible task to sum up the world of antiques in a handy pocketbook so I really can't criticise the author too much for her attempt. The problem is she tries to cover too much and in the end covers everything in such spare detail as to be practically useless. For example important makers like WMF, Dalton and Lalique get 1/4 of a (small) page each. If you have a specific interest in a particular area I would advise you buy something more specialised as this book is more for those with a very superficial interest in antiques in general. Indeed, the authors own work on 20th century design is very good.
on 29 November 2011
Great little book, does what it says on the cover, small enough to take to auctions etc perfect for quick reference
on 9 January 2012
I bought this item for a present,to give to someone just becoming interested
in antiques,along with the eyeglass usually attached to all antique dealers, this made
the perfect present which was much appreciated.
I have just started to visit Antique Fairs and Car boots etc looking for things to store as an investment. This small book, fits well into my pocket. It is packed full of information that helps me decide if or not to buy an item.
Well written with loads of pictures.
Very pleased. Just what I was looking for.
on 10 November 2012
This copy when came was excited but inside was exactly same contents as my 1988 copy, again all they had done was changed dustwrapper,,seems to be easy way to make cash these days, reprint,, so if you have 1988-1999 you won t need this reprint
on 4 October 2013
I love buying antiques and having this book handy when shopping is extremely helpful. I highly recommend it, it's simple and easy to use
on 2 December 2012
Was a surprise present for wife to add to her extensive 'collectables' library. She appears to be well pleased with it.
on 26 December 2013
I never received this book, but I am sure it would have been quite an informative guide. So I cannot really comment
on 16 June 2016
A gift for my son who is interested in learning more about antiques. He says it is really good. Leah R