on 14 September 2010
This film could be described as a romantic relationship between Kris Kristofferson and the beautiful Cheryl Ladd, but that would be boring. But when she is a time traveller from 1,000 years ahead of us, then that gives this film the edge. She and her time travel partners keep on losing their 'stunners' and have to come back to retrieve them, to avoid a time paradox, and the subsequent time quake. They want to capture humans to preserve the species as they are dying, to avoid a time paradox they capture humans who are about to die in a plane crash. The film features two plane crashes, one in 1963 and one in 1989 and in this one Kris is the plane crash investigator.

The film is a bit dated as in 1989 they are worried about acid rain, now we worry about global warming. Cheryl chain smokes in order to keep up her hydrocarbons, and in the 1963 air crash you can see the stewardess serving cigarettes. The robot has the best lines as far as humour is concerned. There is one extended scene on the romance between Kris and Cheryl, that is repeated, this only works because one is before we know she is a time traveller and the second after we know that she is a time traveller. The inevitable happens and a time paradox occurs leading to... The SFX are OK for 1989. All in all a good film which has been scripted very well. I was able to watch the DVD twice when I got it, I first saw the film on TV 15 years ago. It is underrated by the Sci Fi guys IMHO.
26 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 30 June 2017
An underrated late-80s gem with personable leads (craggy-faced Kris Kristofferson and lovely Cheryl Ladd) where time travel is a plot device and its really about the characters - a refreshing change to most sci-fi movies of the era and even today. The effects are still OK but the matte paintings by Albert Whitlock are of particular interest (he did matte paintings for the Original Star Trek). A nice transfer, no extras (bar a trailer) but at a super low price. Definitely worth a look!
on 23 April 2018
Bought this item because I enjoyed the original film & was unable to get a copy other wise. Very pleased although I was worried that the only copy I was able to get was in German! But this one is in English!! A little disappointed there are no extra features but overall very pleased with purchase!
on 1 December 2012
I have just purchased the 2007 version of Millenium (DVD) and to my surprise it is in German with no option of changing the Language to English, although the trailers on this version are in English, the film is in German only. If you look closely you can also tell by the cover as some of the wording is also in German.

If you are to order this film then go for the 2004 version (Blue Cover not Black)if you would like an alternative language i.e. an English version.

As for the film itself, I saw this on TV about 20yrs ago and found it had an interesting storyline therefore was delighted to find it on DVD, however I will wait before watching the entire film until I can get an English version.
3 people found this helpful
on 4 June 2015
Great film and even though my system automatically zoomed it to widescreen it still looked pretty good. The film content is OK too the special effects were quite acceptable especially when considering the tools at hand when the film was first made.
on 30 May 2014
The time lines of the two leading characters cleverly intertwine. I had to view this more than once to work it out, but that might just be me! The sets are magnificent; the work that went into them is incredible. The quote at the end (from Winston Churchill I believe?) has remained with me ever since. The great chemistry between Kristofferson and Ladd tops it off as a great film.
One person found this helpful
on 27 October 2013
This film was product of the creators of thunderbirds and the models were superb. Much of the acting was pretty unconvincing and the story could have been more creative(a good idea not exploited) BUT as a piece of S/F film history very entertaining and enjoyable.
on 14 February 2015
A little thought of film, but I really enjoyed this. A few very well acted moments during the movie from Kristofferson, especially where during the movie, his character is trying to come to terms with and understand what is going on, 'breaking down' in front of his bosses. A good watch.
on 13 April 2011
I ordered MILLENIUM on Saturday night and received it Wednesday morning. Good service, in my opinion. Anyway, having just received it, I can't review it properly until I've watched it again (saw it on TV about 10 years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it then, so I don't expect to be disappointed now...but, then, I am a sucker for time-travel films -see FREQUENCY, if you haven't already). So, why am I writing this 'review' now instead waiting until later? Well, with so many good reviews of this film already on the Amazon site, no one needs my opinion on the film. Why I'm writing is to let readers know -because there's no description of its aspect ratio- that this DVD is wide-screen. 16:9 ratio to be exact, and since the film was released in 1.85:1, I think that both ratios match pretty closely (i.e. if anything's been cropped, it's minimal). If you like time-travel adventures, buy the DVD. The film has good production values, so I don't think you'll be disappointed.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 15 October 2009
Millennium [DVD] [1989]
FOUND THIS FILM AGAIN,THANK YOU AMAZON,THIS FILM WAS STREETS AHEAD FOR ITS DAY & IM SURE SET THE STAGE FOR GREATER IDEAS TODAY.IM NOT A FAN OF KRISTOFFERSON (CONVOY FILM STILL MAKES ME SHUDDER)BUT ALL IN ALL A VERY BUSY,ENGROSING FILM,DONT FLY ABROAD THE NEXT DAY AFTER WATCHING THIS,YOU MIGHT STAY AT HOME.IT,S A GOOD MOVIE.