- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Mikki Travel & Household Car Harness Keeps Dogs Safe Whilst Travelling Large
|Price:||£19.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£8.00 (29%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Keeps dogs safe whilst travelling
- Ensures safe and comfortable car journeys for your dog
- Easy to fit and fully adjustable
- Re-enforced swivel seabelt allows you dog to turn without getting tangled
- Comfortable padded chest belt offers maximum protection whilst travelling
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
The Mikki dog car harness ensures a safe and comfortable car journey for your dog. It is easy to fit and fully adjustable with re-enforced swivel seatbelt, which allows your dog to turn without getting tangled. The comfortable padded chest belt offers maximum protection whilst travelling.
Cut the distractions and make your journey safer with Mikki.
From the manufacturer
Welcome to the World of Mikki
A place where animal owners can relax in the comfort of knowing that all their needs and wants of owning a pet are catered for.
From car safety to hygiene pants, Mikki Care has got everything to make life with your pet just that little bit easier. All of our products are made with love, making them the perfect choice to show your pet that you care.
|Small||Cavalier Spaniel, Dachshund, Jack Russell, Miniature Breed, Westie, Whippet, Yorkie||20-30 cm||45-60 cm|
|Medium||Beagle, Cocker Spaniel, Springer Spaniel, Staffordshire bull Terrier||30-42 cm||50-65 cm|
|Large||Boxer, Doberman, German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever||40-60 cm||60-80 cm|
|Extra Large||Bullmastiff, Rottweiler, Great Dane, St. Bernard, Wolfhound||58-83 cm||70-90 cm|
A car harness provides a kind and gentle solution to travelling safely with your pet.
- Take your dog with you! Don’t leave him in your vehicle for prolonged periods.
- Humans are not the only ones that have to buckle up when traveling. Rule 57 of the Highway Code states: “When in a vehicle make sure dogs or other animals are suitably restrained so they cannot distract you while you are driving or injure you or themselves”.
Mikki TravelRite Car Harness
Keeps dogs safe whilst travelling
The Mikki Car Harness ensures safe and comfortable car journeys for you and your dog and clips in to your car’s seatbelt system. The chest belt is padded to offer maximum protection and the clever swivel-link allows your dog to turn around without getting tangled. The harness can be left on whilst you exercise your dog by simply clipping your lead onto the D-Ring on the harness.
- Your dog needs to learn to relax whilst in the car. Since many young dogs associate travel with feeling sick, or with trips to the vet, you will have to start from scratch. Spend time getting your dog comfortable with the Car Harness before you travel anywhere. Offer praise and treats while your dog is wearing the harness.
- The next step involves getting your dog used to spending time in the car. Put him in as if you are going to travel but then sit and read or listen to the radio. Offer praise and something tempting to chew on to encourage your dog to settle and begin to associate the car with nice events. A good sign is when your dog can lie down and appears relaxed.
- The next step is to turn the engine on and repeat the process. Short journeys can then follow; preferably with very exciting destinations so that the car becomes linked with these places. If your dog is also anxious on walks or perhaps around dogs you should arrange for trips to places where he feels safer.
1. Make sure the 4 clips are unfastened, then lay the harness with the padded side facing upwards as shown in fig. 1.
2. Stand in front of your dog and place the right paw in area (A) and left paw in area (B) (fig. 2).
3. Hold the red clips (F) and (H), one in each hand and lift the collar strap (C) up and around your dog’s neck and fasten the clips together (fig. 3). Adjust the collar strap with the adjustable metal slide (J) so that it fits snugly and is not too tight.
4. Hold the chest protection pad (D) against your dog’s chest and choose the correct loop for the girth strap (E) to feed through (fig. 4). The strap should fit behind your dog’s legs, not around the stomach (fig. 5).
5. Hold the black clips (G) and (I), one in each hand and lift the girth strap around your dog’s body and fasten together (fig. 5).
6. Adjust the girth strap with the adjustable metal slide (K) for a snug fit. Two fingers should fit comfortably between your dog and the strap.
7. Sit your dog comfortably in the car and attach the seatbelt strap to the harness by fastening the plastic clips (fig. 6). Push the metal clip into your car’s seatbelt clip to secure your dog.
8. When taking your dog from the car simply attach a lead to the metal ‘D’ ring (fig. 6) and unclip the plastic clip, leaving the seatbelt strap attached to the car’s seatbelt clip ready for your dog’s return.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, we've had this item for 3 months now so have used it a number of times, the best one being for a 400+ mile trip to Scotland.
This was easy to put on (if you don't pay attention to the instructions as they were a little confusing) and does the job. It is very well made with quality straps and foam protection. The ability to use the car seat belt slots is a plus point and it is easily detachable from the main harness, which can then be attached to a lead for walking.
Our dog can move around quite comfortably with the seat belt on but it does hold him firmly in place. It also looks very smart!
It was easily adapted to fit our 7mth old Lab Retriever, and has plenty of room to increase the size as/when he grows.
The harness is great for strapping our dog in to the rear seat belt holders, and is easily unclipped ready for attaching his lead for walking.
I would definately recommend this product to anyone looking to buy a car harness for their dog.
On receipt The item was well packed in a plastic sleeve with a carboard card bearing the instructions for use attached to the inside sleeve, this was impossible to remove without damaging the packing, in addition there was a colourful chart on the outside showing the various breeds and the size of harness recommended for each, what a pity this chart is not shown on the website,that would have been helpful,as the size for a boxer was clearly shown as Large, by the time you have received the item it is too late to decide which is best for your dog, therefore I would respectfully suggest the manufacturer puts this information on their site.
I found it to be too large for our boxer dog and decided to return it for the version large, so on to the Amazon website for the return instructions, this was carried out to the letter, however, in attempting to exchange the extra large item for the large size the system, although entering the word LARGE reverted to medium , OK, try again, revert to medium, the procedure was carried out five times and each time it reverted to medium.
The only option now was to return the item for a refund,on the scroll down options not one of them applied to this situation.
What to do now, cancell the received goods, return for a refund and go back to the website and place a fresh order for the correct size.
I have to say Amazon were very quick in responding & updating me, with the return accepted immediately, soon after followed by confirmation of the refund, very well done Amazon.
Summing up, if only someone could modify the website to give the buyer a better guide as to the sizing this would be helpful & Amazon to check out their side of it to see why the size selected reverts to medium & not the one selected every time, that would iron out the problems.
The harness itself is a vey well made strong quality product with a first class metal swivel, I would highly recommend this harness, however be very sure of the size you need for your dog before you place your order
Most recent customer reviews