- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Find all the best television shows from the other side of the pond in our US TV store and catch the latest shows in our 2014's Hottest TV page.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Mike Bassett - TV Series (Part 1) [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£5.27 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Following his moderate success as England boss, Mike wants one last chance of the big time after an otherwise undistinguished managerial career. Hes offered a job at Wirral County a team his dad once played for and believes he can resurrect the side, currently languishing as the bottom of their league.
Bassett has fallen on hard times since reaching the latter stages of the World Cup. He takes the post as the struggling Ellesmere Port-based side, much to the annoyance of Karine, played once again by Amanda Redman Steve Edge, who will be familiar to viewers thanks to Peter Kays Phoenix Nights, joins the cast as Bassetts coaching partner Doddsy.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
short of brilliant. If you want a laugh and cheering up, I can't see how this could fail to have you screaming at the sheer ridiculousness of
-Some cracking jokes
-Some quality football jokes (but you don't need to be a football fan to enjoy it)
-Some great characters and great acting
On the - side
-Not as funny as the film. Perhaps it's unfair to compare but don't expect it to be as funny as the film.
- Poor endings. One main feature of comedies is the climax, the feeling that it's building up to a very funny ending but the episode endings tend to be silly, unfunny and/or predictable.