on 21 March 2013
Having recently been to see Jonathon Miller's production of The Mikado in the Colliseum, London (and been very disappointed because I could hardly hear a word) I was anxious to know what I had missed - as I knew how important and how witty the words are in G&S. I was delighted with my copy - not only was I able to enjoy the story, but I loved the illustrations, which were beautiful and showed the colourful costumes of a theatrical Japan. It reaffirmed my feeling that changing the setting from Japan of old to an English seaside resort in the twenties/ thirties was completely illogical, not to say bonkers. I shall cherish this beautiful copy and hope to see a superior production of The Mikado in future. If I do, I shall be sure to take my little libretto with me.
on 22 September 2011
My elderly aunt wanted this vocal score to go with a tape of The Mikado she had. Just before the 2nd w.war broke out she and my mother, aged 14 and 16 were rehearsing to take part in The Mikado but it was cancelled and never performed. The other day I sat patiently while she sang her way through the score. This gave her a great deal of pleasure, so it was money well spent.
on 24 November 2013
Libretto to The Mikado is witty and demonstrates exactly WHY W.S.Gilbert was the first to be knighted as a playwright. Should be studied by ALL who wish involvement in musical comedy.
on 20 December 2013
a lovely facsimile of the book printed many years ago, with gorgeous colour print illustrations by Russell Flint, and the full libretto. Lovely gift for someone who loves G & S.
on 5 December 2012
Just what was needed, am taking part in a local production and it is essential to keep up to date with readings and rehearsals.
on 31 May 2013
Takes me to 2 copies, one hard back. Basically does what it's supposed to, it's there, l sing, job done.
on 26 March 2016
Arrived on time exactly what I wanted