Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
Midwife on Call Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
It tells it how it is in relation to the changes over the past 30 years in mudwifery from the perspective of midwives and also mothers. It is a very enjoyable read. I think David Cameron should read it. He could learn a thing or two about what pregnant women really want.
I also found the self righteous attitude slightly irritating at times. I have no doubt of the skill and good nature of the author, however I got fed up of her repetative 'the system is wrong and I was the only one who spoke up' attitude. Even when she was in the wrong there were still excuses and made a martyr of herself almost.
All in all, it was an easy going book, I enjoyed it but would have preferred abit more storytelling.
Most recent customer reviews
I'm so delighted with this book that I will get a copy for my mum in appreciation of her 5 home births. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Andrew Marten
I really enjoy reading these sort of books which are usually full of interesting anecdotes which the reader can relate to, laugh at, cry at or learn from, sometimes all at once. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Marydoll
A must read for any nurses or midwife. Lovely stories of real lifePublished 23 months ago by gemma reid
Amusing, factual yet serious in its own right - pleasure to readPublished on 12 Mar. 2015 by Norma Mayhew
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Medical
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Midwifery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Professionals & Academics > Medical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Medicine > Nursing