Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 May 2014
Well worth the money the item was well packed up,could'nt fault anything.Got this for my daughter she is well pleased it came within a week of ordering which was good.It was'nt a rip off price like other sites I know which are selling this record at stupid prices!!!! I would order from them again
We really did enjoy Midnight Memories, the 3rd album from One Direction. Right from the start you can tell how much the lads have come on from both the 1st album, Up All Night, and the 2nd, Take Me Home.

The band have released 4 songs from this album including Best Song Ever, Story of My Life, Midnight Memories, & You & I. The video for You & I also won at the 2015 Brit Awards. So yep, all in all this is a really good album & we still listen to it now.

Track Listings
12. Something Great
13. Little White Lies
14. Better Than Words
on 23 August 2014
I bought this because my young son is a fan. Have to say that, although I'm usually more of a rock/alternative fan (see other album reviews), I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this album. Many people slate 1D because they mainly (and understandably) appeal to the younger audience / don't write their own material etc. However, what's wrong with good songs being sung by people who can actually sing? Clearly, most of the songs are constructed around the subject of love...but then again there are 10s of 1000s of artists singing about it. Overall, it's an easy listening, sing song, strum along album containing the odd rocker song that wouldn't be out of place from other artists who don't have the stigma 1D suffer from (i.e. rockers like me who dismiss them because they are too mainstream and furthermore claim they nicked a bit from a Who song - Best Song Ever...man). In my view, 1D are mainstream because they're good and pinching the Who chord progression isn't the end of the world; at least more younger people have now heard of The Who as a result. I am converted to their catchy sing along sounds!
on 23 February 2014
Not normally my cup of tea but taking my niece to see them in concert so I thought I'd better familiarise myself with their songs. Well what a pleasant surprise I got. Great CD. I can honestly say I like all of the songs on it and haven't stopped playing it!
Great service, fast delivery. Thank you.
on 28 November 2013
I am probably not the target audience for One Direction as a woman in her midthirties but the catchy songs make for a fantastic album. From the well known singles 'Story of My Life' and 'Best Song Ever' to gorgeous ballads 'You and I', my favourite 'Don't Forget Where You Belong' and the earworm 'Little White Lies' this album is the bands strongest all around offering to date- I think it will surprise a lot of people.
on 26 November 2013
Ok..just so you know i am a 42 year old man, my daughter is a Directioner so i have listened to all their albums over and over and i find the lads to be very likeable and their songs always catchy, i am a big music fan from liking the 50's due to my mum and dad, my era the 80's and try and keep up with the modern stuff and after a few listens this album holds up very well, with 18 songs i feel none are fillers and all are very listenable, "Don't forget where you Belong" is the stand out track for me and should defo be a single release followed by "Better the Words" which has a funky guitar riff throughout.
"Little White Lies" and "Little Black Dress" are also highlights, i feel their are more hits on this album as they never really release many from each album it seems..how many from Take Me Home..4??..with 18 decent catchy songs they could easily double that i feel.
This album seems to have a rockier feel to it which is a good thing and could and should appeal to a wider fanbase..so well done lads, keep up the hard work!
4848 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2014
My daughter is such a big fan of these boys. Not really my kind of music but I listened to it because I am taking her to see them and so thought I had better get to know some of the songs! It is actually nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.
on 25 February 2014
This wasn't for me but was for my girlfriend and she loves this album, she always has it playing in her car, but as they are not really my type of genre, they are talented and the albums isn't actually too bad. They have a few good songs which are catchy and Story of My Life is a really good song. Would recommend if you're into the boy bands.
on 23 January 2014
Bought for my daughter who loves 1D (and she is only 5!). As a lady nearing 40 at a rapid pace, I was ready to morph into my mother and sit disapprovingly whilst my daughter danced to songs with no real tune. How very wrong I was! I really enjoyed listening to it, had a few bops around the living room with my little girl and I've even taken the big step of putting it on in the car.
A great album, catchy songs, great vocals. Really like it!
on 5 December 2013
Now I never buy albums. From past experience I usually find you buy an album because you like a few released tracks and those are the only good tracks on the album where all the other tracks are fillers. However I bought this after hearing it at a friend's house and can say it is truly excellent. There's not one bad track on it and the majority could be singles. Don't understand why so many of the best ones are stuck at the end though.

My favourite by far is track 14 `Better than Words'. While the rest of the album has a rocky vibe this song is more in the style of Maroon 5 and is so catchy you will be humming it for hours afterwards. Just captures why people love 1D all so much. The intro shows their sense of humour as it is made up of some famous song titles. Maybe it's because of their super skinny jeans but they really do hit those sassy high notes well and as for the lyrics well let's just say young Niall doesn't seem so innocent anymore! Really hope they release this as a single as it would be a monster hit.

* The most impressive song on the album in terms of showing the boys journey over the past 3 years is `Right Now'. I'm sure their critics would be surprised to hear how good it is - If you were hearing it on the radio you would think it was Cold Play or Snow Patrol not 1D. Zayn's vocals on the chorus are outstanding. With his pure, husky and soulful voice that can reach those high notes he is easily the best singer in 1D - and also one of the UK's bestyoung male vocalists.
* Harry is also proving to be a great singer too and his voice is brilliant on the catchy `Strong'.
* Track 18 `Half a Heart' is really haunting and again showcases Zayn's voice. They really should get this onto a movie soundtrack. With mention of broken arrows it would be ideal for the Hunger Games 3 movie! They should also release it for Valentine's Day.
* `You and I' is beautiful and features a memorable guitar riff.
* Pity that Midnight Memories appears to be down as the next single. It's not bad but pretty formulaic as far as anthem tracks go. If they want to show their more rocky edgy side then they should release the `Alive' (track 17) as it is far superior. Sounds like a cross between the Beatles and the Monkeys.

No wonder 1D are such a global phenomeon. The secret of their success is that in reality their fanbase does not just consist of screaming pubescent girls. Their music is appreciated by young kids, people in their teens, the middle-aged and grandparents etc. This couldn't be said of other boy bands that have come before them. They deserve the Beatles comparisons. Go on buy the album - you won't be disappointed.