The Middle Passage: From Misery to Meaning in Mid-Life (Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts) Paperback – 1 Feb 1993
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The middle passage, more commonly referred to as 'the mid life crisis' (not exclusive to men and can happen anywhewhere from early 30's to late 50's) is a period in our personal evolution we all go through, when the methods and strategies learnt in childhood suddenly become irrelevant to the life we want to live, we have to start over, to find ourselves anew. The process of shedding our skin is often a painful and labourious time, Hollis brings the meaning to this period of misery. Helping us to understand the necessity and inevitability of these growing pains and the meaning that underlies them.
At a time in my life when all i could feel was the pain, Hollis landed in my lap, held my hand and reassured me that what i was going through was a normal part of human development and not the end of the world. What a relief!
I intend to read the rest of his books now and would recommend anyone who is feeling that suddenly their life doesn't make sense to read this one.
Unfortunately doctors don't do that, so misguided idiots desperately try to recapture their lost youth by embarking on affairs, getting divorced, buying sports cars and having plastic surgery. This book is certainly worth reading before you resort to all that and is considerably cheaper. If it fails to prevent your life imploding, at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing why it's happening.
I will be recommending it widely.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Clarity for the 'lay person' .. some real gems. Although it does not provide the answers and an end result, this book gives a useful insight to the way we can help ourselves... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Bullfrog
A bit depressing book but a good step back to think about mid life crisisPublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
A life changing read. Everyone entering middle life should read this.Published 8 months ago by Mazzy
A wise and engaging read. Perfect for people questioning where they find themselves when there is more of their life behind them than in front of them.Published 14 months ago by Mr. Jo Jo
Superb book, thought provoking, with sound views. If you need to clear the fog in your life get this book.....Published on 1 Dec. 2013 by Rob Murray
Recommended to me and it was great.
Very interesting and informative and it made lots of sense.
Easy to read and understand.
I think this is such a beautifully written book. It's given me inspiration and permission to go out there and travel my own road. Read morePublished on 30 April 2012 by J. Nabben
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Child & Developmental Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Jung, Carl
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks