- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
The Middle East Unveiled: A cultural and practical guide for all Western business professionals Paperback – 21 Jul 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Donna has sucessfully managed to encapsulate her knowledge and experiences in this great little publication. It is current, comprehensive and most importantly useful. A 'must-have'for anyone looking to better their understanding of working in the region. --Cultural Diversity.
This invaluable guide helps readers develop and hone skills to handle any business situation and will prepare you for a successful trip to the Middle East and open many a door once you land. The chapters are brief, meaning the book can be used for quick reference. --www.gulfnews.com.
From the Author
Many Westerners may be apprehensive when they learn they are about to work in the Middle East. Often, their thoughts turn to the mostly negative news they hear from mass media sources. They may also be frightened by a range of `what ifs', from safety to discomfort working with people they perceive to be very different from themselves. Many Westerners are looking for guidance on how to do business in the Middle East, and ask a similar set of questions, such as
- What do I need to know about Islam and how will it impact my business?
- As a Western businesswoman, how can I work successfully in Saudi Arabia?
- How do I manage the different ways of doing business in the Middle East with expectations set by management back at the home office?
- How do I choose a trustworthy local sponsor when opening an office in the Gulf?
- Why did Mr Abdul Rahman Hassan seem uncomfortable when I asked him if his Christian name is Abdul?
- What are the do's and don'ts I need to be aware of that could cause me to lose business?
From business etiquette to hints and tips on business practices that may be vastly different to those found in the West, The Middle East Unveiled has been written to give practical advice in the areas of relationship building and trust, managing time and deadlines, multitasking, negotiating, and the importance of recognising communication styles different to what most Westerners are used to. In addition, many Western business professionals must also manage frustrations that are common when working in the Middle East, from coping with fatalistic attitudes alien to most Westerners to the need to manage expectations back home, where expectations may not be in line with the realities of the region. The Middle East Unveiled should get newcomers started, steer new visitors in the right direction and provide veteran travellers with answers to their own observations and experiences.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Its pretty easy to read and well set out for dipping in and out of relevant sections.