Microsoft Word 2007 Bible Paperback – 8 Mar 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Make Microsoft′s brave new Word work for you
Microsoft′s Word 2007 rewrites the book on word processing. New to Word? The Word 2007 Bible helps you soar over the hurdles and quickly brings you up to speed. A Word veteran? You′ll discover new ways to command legacy features, completely new features to accomplish old tasks, and brand new native capabilities. No matter what level user you are, Microsoft Word MVP Herb Tyson′s expert guidance puts you in charge, helping you choose the best way to get your work done, and to get the most out of Word 2007.
- Navigate the new Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar user interface
- Put Word′s automatic features to work for you―AutoCorrect, AutoFormat, Smart Tags, Quick Parts, and more
- Find the fastest way to accomplish your mission once or the best way to speed through recurring tasks
- Create envelopes, labels, and mailings for one recipient or 1,000
- Communicate visually with tables, charts, drawings, and Smart Art
- Master formatting, styles, and find–and–replace with a heady dose of tips, pitfalls, and shortcuts
- Share and collaborate with Word′s PDF export, Groove, and SharePoint®
See it happen with 90 minutes of Word 2007 videos. Watch Word 2007 on–screen as the author walks you step–by–step through key tasks in the Word interface, showing you the Office Places Bar, ribbon and keyboard customization, styles, outlining, and more all in short video segments.
System Requirements: Windows XP or Windows Vista with Microsoft Media Player or other AVI–capable media player
About the Author
Dr. Herb Tyson has been a Microsoft MVP for more than ten years and has authored more than a dozen computer "help" books. He is an economist, a consultant, and a musician. Herb also provides custom training for users of Windows and Office, emphasizing Word and Outlook.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is laid out in the usual way, arranged in subject parts and chapters therein. This makes it quite easy to find what you want to know. If you are a beginner or casual Word user, then this may not be the book for you, as it covers a lot of advanced Word usage. For me it is perfect, because I know the basics and am focussed on Word's limits.
The only thing it doesn't cover is VBA programming. It explains about running and managing macros, but does not cover any coding. I expected this - if it did cover VBA then the book would be twice as big!
The author, Herb Tyson, actually knows how to write a technical publication. This makes all the difference. He writes with concision and does not attempt to be witty. He gets on with it, and uses plenty of screenshots. The accompanying CD is good if you unfamiliar with Word 2007. I found it of little use, but checked it out of curiosity, to see how the video tutorials were made.
If you are a technical author looking to squeeze the most out of Word 2007, then you could do a lot worse than get this book.
When I wanted to alter setting Font/ size of print I could not find any index reference to this. Used anther book to access info.
I can only hope that excel and power point are better in this respect.