Style Name: Ergonomic Wireless|Change

on 18 November 2010
I did quite a bit of research prior to buying this product as I wanted something that was easy to use and had an excellent wireless connection. I was very aware of some wireless key board and mouse sets having terrible troubles with connecting to the computer/receiver. My last Microsoft key board was terrible so it nearly put me off all together with the Microsoft brand. None the less I wanted value for money at the same time so this product came up in my price bracket. There were a number of detractors on minor points but loads on the positive side so I came to the conclusion I would take the risk and buy it.
This is my appraisal:
The key board is a lovely slightly curved shape making it very easy to use compared to a straight key board.
I would say the majority of the keys are good if not better to other key boards. The only exception is the the left shift key as it is a little small.
It is very quiet to use the keys and they are easy to use and respond.
The front edge is curved and covered in a rubber cross hatched finish so slip resistant.
It matches and functions very well with my Windows 7 system.
The mouse works very well on different surfaces with no skidding.
The mouse is quite large but easy to use.
The mouse wheel is fabulous to use, so light and responsive.
The mouse has a nice slip resistant sides to the plastic surface.
Last but not least I have excellent transmitting between the keyboard and mouse to the USB receiver plugged into the computer.

All in all a good buy in terms of design, functionality and value.

PS: The Belkin long wrist rest fits beautifully to the shape of this curved key board when reversed so see my product review on that item if looking for one or a mouse pad.
on 17 December 2010
I bought this keyboard to replace a logitech keyboard that had stopped working. I bought it because it was a "Which?" magazine Best Buy. The Amazon details said that this keyboard would not work with Windows 7 (64 bit) but I checked with Microsoft Technical helpline who reassured me that it would. Setting up the keyboard and its software was easy. Windows 7 searched for and found updated 64 bit drivers automatically.

I like the keyboard and its features and quickly adapted to the curved layout. My only complaint is that the left hand shift key is rather small but I have now adapted to even this.
I am very pleased with this keyboard and mouse which I bought to replace the OEM keyboard and mouse supplied with my new Windows 7 PC.

The keyboard is quiet and precise with many customisable features. The ergonomic configuration is comfortable, although, the keys are quite close together for those with large fingers. This keyboard also seems to mirror the trend in the current marketplace for a smaller footprint - having owned a number of Microsoft and Logitech keyboards in the past this is by far the most compact and frees up space on the desktop. The wrist rest is quite solid although a slight annoyance is that the patterned moulding is inclined to harbour dirt. The keyboard is supplied with optional rubber feet which can be inserted in two positions to produce a forward or backward slope. One point I'd make is, that out of the box, the keyboard can feel slightly "wonky" on your desk just like a poorly levelled restaurant table - however, a gentle twist in the right direction will make it perfectly level. Overall, the look, feel and performance of this keyboard shouts quality.

The mouse (MS Wireless Mouse 5000), is very precise and excellent to hold. It is somewhat flatter and wider in profile than other mice and, in common with the keyboard, has a number of customisable features using the supplied MS software.

The USB wireless dongle is very compact and installation using the supplied driver CD is a breeze. This is a high quality combination which is specifically designed to support Windows 7 and is strongly recommended.
on 9 February 2013
I always wanted a curved keyboard, I admit for looks but also having had used one once I liked the wrist support and streamlined feel. I actually got the Logitech M305 mouse as wasn't sure about using the one supplied after reading the reviews but I kind of wish I hadn't now. I really like the mouse supplied. Probably because I have large hands (for a girl) so it feels much better but I also really like that the USB fits underneath when you are not using it so less easy to lose but also switches the mouse off to save battery. Great design! It's also really responsive. I have wrist and neck issues from mild RSI and this package is helping those aches and pains already. Looks good to boot.
on 3 April 2010
I work from home on a pc for a minimum of 10 hours per day.
This is my third keyboard and moouse set for my desktop in 4 years. Originally I used a wired natural keyboard, and loved it because it relieved my carpal tunnel stress. When that died (killed by a glass of red wine) I got a standard wireless keyboard and mouse. They drove me batty, as my phones are cordless and my network was wireless, and the signals were forever getting disrupted and the batteries drained.

This "Comfort" set are just that: very comfortable. The only drawback is the tiny size of the Function keys, but that is minor. I have been using this new set for over a month now, and experienced absolutely no connection problems.
on 14 November 2013
Mouse
I like the mouse. Feels comfortable in the hand and is responsive. I haven't had it long enough to comment on battery life, but as one of the other reviewers mentioned there's no switch to turn it off and preserve the battery (unlike Logitech mice).

Keyboard
The keys have a reasonable feel to them. I like the curved keyboard layout (although I would have preferred it even more curved like the old corded one with the split in the middle that Microsoft produced years ago).Nice palm rest, but I would have liked it to extend a bit more to the left - the left-hand half of my left hand tends to dangle off the end of the palm rest.
However for me (an IT professional), this keyboard has two MAJOR flaws... The shift key that I use is the one at the bottom left - it's TINY, so a lot of the time I end up missing it. I've tried to get used to the one at the bottom right (which is much bigger), but can't get used to it. The other thing is that the Esc key is also tiny and isn't really a proper key, so again, I have trouble hitting it (and for someone who uses Unix 'vi' a lot this is a real pain). I will be quite interested to see how the letter transfers on the keys wear (my wife has tended to wear them off the various Logitech keyboards she's had in the blink of an eye, hence why I went for Microsoft this time).

General
The USB transceiver is a bit bulky compared to the Logitech transceiver.
I don't like the shiney finish.
on 22 October 2009
This keyboard works perfectly for me. It is even better than the previous version. Great extra functionality with the additional function keys which are taking a lot of clicking of the mouse away. It is very pleasing to the eye. Nice design and not as wide as its predecessor. It is also lighter. This is not for everybody important. I, however, use the keyboard on my lap when I sit on the settee with my feet up as I'm writing my books. I do like my comforts. The mouse which is supplied with this set, works perfectly on my settee without the use of any mouse pads.
Would I buy the same product again? Most definitely!
on 3 November 2012
After several years of stirling service from a Microsoft Comfort Laser 7000 it became necessary to replace my set up. Many of the letters on the keys had worn off from years of use. Not a problem to me as I touch type but family members of the 'hunt and peck' variety found it quite frustrating.

My new keyboard arrived well packaged as always from Amazon. Took it out of the box and fitted the batteries. All that I needed to do was to plug in the USB receiver and off we went. It worked first time after downloading its drivers and giving me several options for setting up the buttons. As I have had a similar if not the same set up it was easy to sort out.

Keys on the keyboard are comfortingly firm and very responsive. I like the solid legs to raise the back of the keyboard. You have the choice of them in or not. All you have to do is to pop them in the slots and twist them into place. Much more solid than the fold down variety. Mouse is a good size (I hate the little mice that abound out there) Buttons have a definite 'click' so you know something is going to happen.

All in all a very good keyboard and mouse package. Well worth the extra for the left thumb mouse button. Mine is set as the back button.

Thank you Microsoft for always providing consistent quality and useable equipment.
on 17 October 2013
First the good points. On the surface of it the set feels like it is good quality - the keys are quiet yet feel solid, the mouse glides effortlessly and tracks perfectly on any surface I've tried. I also think they styling and ergonomics are really good. It doesn't look too geeky and covered in buttons yet has everything I need. Functionally both work flawlessly even with the USB dongle hidden away behind the computer and under the desk (unlike previous sets I've owned which need to be within line of sight to actually pick up a signal!).

However, it isn't perfect. The shiny plastic finish on top of the mouse is smooth to the touch but I find it constantly looks filthy with fingerprints and smears. But the biggest problem is that my keyboard like many others on here does not sit perfectly flat and wobbles slightly. This is easily solved with a business card under one of the feet but really detracts from the overall quality.
on 4 December 2014
***After about 1 year of use:

No major problems. Some lettering on certain keys 'faded' or worn away (however, these are the shift, A and S keys - which leads me to think a certain family member was gaming on it!?!?). No great problem as I know where the keys are!!!

Mouse: scroll wheel sticking - fixed with silicon spray

***After almost 2 years use:

Still working great, no further issues.

Mouse: ok, scroll wheel needs silicon occassionally.

*** General comments:
- Mouse is tough!!! Have dropped on hard floor several times!!
- Keyboard is tough (aside from issues above)
- Battery life is good.
- Escape key is small - awkward if needed frequently (like in AutoCAD, Windows, etc.).
- F-function keys are small also (F-lock status not on keyboard)
- All keys working ok.
- Would buy replacement keys if I could find them (!)
- Else, will buy again (unless there's a new version with bigger function keys!)