- This software is not intended for purchase or installation by consumers. Click here for licence details and system builder obligations by manufacturer.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit, English, 1 Pack, DSP OEI (PC) (This OEM software is intended for system builders only)
- Simplify your pc with new navigation features like aero shake, jump lists, and snap
- watch, pause, rewind, and record tv with windows media center
- takes full advantage of 64-bit pc hardware and memory
Important Information About This Product
OEM software is intended for system builders and small OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) who manufacture computer systems and pre-install OEM system builder software onto those systems. It is not intended for purchase or installation by consumers. Please note that end-user technical support will be provided by the system builder and not by the manufacturer or the reseller (Amazon.co.uk). Click here for licence details and system builder obligations by manufacturer.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Platform: Windows
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Windows 7 makes the things you do every day easier. With fewer clicks, faster searching, easier browsing, and simpler ways to connect, there’s less between you and what you want to do. Windows 7 is designed to improve the performance of your PC, so it’s faster, more secure, and more reliable. PCs with Windows 7 simply work the way you want them to work.
Take a look at these highlighted features in Windows 7 Home Premium:
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV, movies, and other video content;
- Use Windows Media Player to stream music files on any network-connected device;
- Easily change backgrounds, window colors, and sounds to reflect your personal;
- Use Windows Search from the Start menu to instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC—from documents to emails to songs—just by typing a word or two;
- Use HomeGroup to connect all your PCs running Windows 7 to a single printer;
- Access recently used files with just two clicks;
- Pin any program to the taskbar and rearrange the icons on the taskbar just by clicking and dragging.
Windows 7 Home Premium offers the best entertainment experience on your PC.
- Simplify everyday tasks: find something instantly, compare documents side-by-side, or open your favorite file in just two clicks;
- Enjoy a PC that works the way you want it to with better support for today’s technologies, like 64-bit PC hardware and memory;
- Make new things possible: watch Internet TV, pause, rewind, and record TV or use Touch to interact with your PC in new ways.
64-bit computing: Yes
Language version: ENG
Mac compatibility: No
Media type: DVD
Minimum RAM: 1 GB
Minimum hard disk space: 16 GB
Minimum processor: 1.0GHz
Minimum system requirements: DirectX 9\nWDDM 1.0 +\nDVD-ROM
Recommended RAM: 2048 MB
Recommended hard disk space: 20 GB
Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favourite photos, videos, and music. And you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV on Windows Media Center. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium.
This product is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) package, and the licence governing the installation and use may not convey the same rights as a full retail package. OEM product packages may not contain the same printed documentation or bundled software and hardware which forms part of the full retail package. Prospective purchasers should make themselves aware of any such restrictions before purchasing.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Things u should know:
You can't use this oem version of windows to upgrade from a previous version. It is for completely new builds only.
As it's an oem version you dont have any recourse with microsoft if u have problems, u have to take up any issues with the company that installed windows on your rig, I.e. You
You still get all your updates as normal
This version of windows is good for 1 pc only.
So if you have a brand new pc with a clean hdd this oem version of windows will be fine for you, and pretty cheap to boot.
So, Windows 7 64-bit itself. There are so many reviews on the product itself, I won't add to the debate other than to say that when installed on an SSD drive, boot-up time from start to user account logon (including the system pause for BIOS entry option) is around 15-20 seconds. Following user account logon being entered, it takes around another 15 seconds to load and use. All in all, very pleased with Windows 7 and a vast improvemnt over Vista.
It is very easy to install I would defiantly recommend this to anyone who is undecided,go for it you will have no regrets.
If you are doing a full install I would advise downloading windows easy transfer this really makes the job very simple make sure you gather your driver discs, eg. for printer, monitor etc.
I was unsure about buying the OEM version over the Full version, as you only get one installation per serial number. But if, like me, you don't intent to be upgrading your motherboard anytime soon, this is the option for you, and its about £50 cheaper than the Full version.
You can re-install it onto the same machine if you need to re-format for any reason, as long as no components have been changed. eg. CPU Motherboard etc.
I hope this helps if you sitting on the fence.
So, Windows 7 review: I have now installed full 64 bit versions on both a PC and a laptop. It starts up quickly and responds well. No more continuous 'running circles' like in Vista when one tries to open or copy a file, waiting for something to happen. It just works. It is stable and looks classy. I especcially like the new featueres, eg. the ability of quickly putting two windows side by side. Except for one item - I have had no problems installing any software - 32 or 64 bit. Windows 7 does not support my old Creative VF220 webcam and I cannot find any 64 bit drivers on Creative's website. Also the Intel chipset #ICH9# on my laptop was not recognized. The laptop worked though as Windows intalls a generic version. A quick check on Intels support pages gave me the right file to install. My Canon all in one printer runs smoothly on the 64 bit drivers from their website. Installed software like PS3 Media Server #32 bit# works perfectly, with a smooth & stable picture served to my TV via the PS3. Networking has given some problems in the fact that at the moment the children's laptops running XP can't print to the networked printer. I am sure that I'll get that to work with the help of the [...] I can fully recommend this upgrade. Windows 7 is 'a breath of fresh air' since Vista put a big dampener on how people experienced their computer.
Do you need the 64 bit (x64) version or the 32 bit (x86) version?
- If you have 3 GB of RAM, memory, the 32 bit version is fine.
- If you have 4 GB of RAM or more, you need 64 bit or your computer won't be able to use all of it.
Is Home Premium enough?
Yes. You can check out the extra's of the more expensive versions, but that stuff is for use in companies and offices.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's authentic, I didn't have any issues over the past 3 years that I had it.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Bought this to use with a new build, but when I tried to use the keycode, it kept telling me it was incorrect. Basically useless.Published 3 months ago by John F