on 3 October 2013
I'm knocking a star off because this was an absolute PIG to install...so much for Windows installations being easier after Vista! Anyway, I bought it because I was still on XP and I see that the Windows 7 keys are fast running out - and I'd rather pour petrol over my PC and set light to it than be forced to use Windows 8.

Arrived in great time, well packaged with good instructions on how to apply the key. Now it's up and running I can't fault it really!
on 24 August 2013
I chose Windows 7 over Windows 8 because the latter looked altogether too damned difficult. My other laptop has Windows XP Professional which I like but Windows 7 is the logical successor. Windows 7 will be around for a long time. Windows 8 on the other hand will go the way of Windows Vista.
on 24 March 2014
I would only describe myself as competent at dealing with this kind of thing, definitely not an expert but I had no problems dealing with it... I half expected the installation to drag out into a full days worth of hassle, in reality it probably only took up about 2-3 hours of my time

One thing I hadn't understood until embarking on the update is that you need to do a full fresh installation- you can't use it to do "Anytime Upgrade" or just leave all your existing documents and settings untouched - you will be re-formatting the hard drive as part of the process. Luckily for me this was not a major issue

When I realised this i emailed for help, and got a very swift response and some links to some useful youtube videos, so thanks for that guys

All in all recommended, and worthwhile on saving the best part of £120 - the "fully approved" upgrade route is about £180

One word of warning - 2 computers will be essential. Your existing machine will have all the drivers and software required to run all the components such as DVD drive, usb ports, bluetooth, and most importantly the ethernet and LAN equipment allowing you to use the internet and your router- so you wont be going "online" to collect all these bits and pieces until you can actually "get online". My ASUS laptop had excellent resources from the manufacturer and I was able to collect all the drivers in one fairly simple process from their website - I suspect other people might not be so lucky. A usb drive and other means of getting online will be essential to collect these drivers, and transfer them across to your freshly installed machine
on 16 September 2013
I have used Windows XP Professional version for a few years now and was reluctant to switch, A necessary change of laptop introduced me to Windows 8. I therefore evaluated 7 against 8 and have concluded they are the same apart from the front end on 8 that I do not really like. Both have much improved networking over XP and I have got an improved processing time as well, all in all, well done Microsoft but for me its' 7 not 8.
on 8 November 2013
This is brilliant though it is not as it is in the image it still works fine, the delivery was very fast 2 days! and got here perfectly fine, brilliant price for the product 10/10 would buy
on 4 March 2014
Ordered this for my first attempt at building a PC. Arrived in 2 days on standard delivery, much sooner than the estimated delivery time quoted which was great. Software wouldn't activate online, but as per sellers instructions simply did automated telephone activation and hey presto all activated and working. For the price a little work on my part seemed fair, better than the extortionate prices being asked for same product in UK shops!

Very happy with product and yes I would buy from and recommend this seller. Top job thanks
on 27 December 2014
This product was purchased from TechieHome for a total of £73.28. From what I can remember, the installation for this software was surprisingly quick (under an hour), quicker than some other reviewers who had theirs take up to 3 hours. I have not yet had any problems with the software not being genuine and it's been at least 8 months since I placed my order for this software.

The price was good and I got genuine software, I am well pleased.
on 19 April 2014
I needed to upgrade to Windows 7 and wanted something relatively inexpensive. The professional version does the job almost. I say almost as I use the spreadsheet package LOTUS123 (version 9.8) and it would not run even in xp mode. Luckily, I had an earlier version of LOTUS123 that did run (the millennium edition).
on 28 October 2013
Why oh why did MS bring out Windows 8 when 7 works so well. This pro version was brought from an approved seller, was a proper boxed copy with a licence key and worked straight out of the box. Took over from an awful VISTA install that came with the laptop and now I am a happy bunny.
on 12 January 2014
product came a little late but thats ok, installed ok and works fine and registered ok, one thing is that these os's come with a dell logo. not a problem tho. saved me money at the end of the day. thanks Mr seller!