This item is currently unavailable.
Microsoft Office 365 University 4-year Subscription (Student Validation Required) [PC/Mac Download]
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
- Includes Office 2016 for Mac
- Renewing your subscription? Simply purchase Office 365 now and enter your login ID from your current Microsoft account
- Office on 1 PC or Mac, 1 Windows tablet or iPad
- Easily install Office Mobile on multiple smartphones including iPhones, and Android phones (Office Mobile is already installed on Windows Phones)
- The Office 2016 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher and Access. 1 TB of online storage in OneDrive
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Windows 7 / 8, Mac OS X
- Media: Software Download
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Office 365 University
Best value for higher education students and faculty who want Office on up to 2 PCS, Windows 8 tablets, iPads, and Macs, and up to 2 select mobile devices- including iPhones, and Android phones (Office Mobile is already available on Windows Phones and does not count toward the 2–device limit). .1 Proof of eligibility is required online before use.
Office 365 University has all the Microsoft applications, plus cloud services. Just sign in and you can get to your Office files, applications, and settings when you are not at home.
Available as a subscription, Office 365 University comes with one time upfront fee for a four year service. Microsoft and your Office 365 retailer will let you know when it’s time to renew.
What’s new in this release of Office?The 2013 versions of familiar Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint include new features that help you create, communicate and work efficiently from virtually anywhere. In addition to updating the traditional Office suites, Microsoft has developed brand new subscription versions of Office, specifically designed around the way customers use Office. Each new subscription offer will include the 2013 versions of the Office applications, for example Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus cloud services such as Skype world minutes and online storage with SkyDrive.
Subscribers will also receive future rights to version upgrades as well as per-use rights across multiple PCs or Macs and select mobile devices.1 Note: The Office applications you can use across PCs, Macs and other devices vary by platform.
1Visit www.office.com/information for a current list of devices. Internet connection required. Internet and mobile telephone usage charges may apply.
What is the difference between the Office 2013 suites and Office 365 plans?
Microsoft Office is still the name Microsoft uses for its familiar productivity software. Office suites have traditionally included applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. All Office 2013 suites include the latest versions of the applications, for use on a single PC.
Microsoft uses the name “Office 365” for products that include cloud services, such as additional SkyDrive online storage, Skype minutes for home use, Lync web conferencing or Exchange Online hosted email for businesses. Cloud services are features that are enabled over the Internet. Most Office 365 plans also include the full-featured Office 2013 applications, which users can install across multiple computers and devices. All Office 365 products, such as Office 365 Home Premium, are paid for on a subscription basis, annually. Active subscribers will receive future rights to version upgrades as a benefit of their subscription. Entitlements vary by product.
What it includes:
- Install on up to 2 PCS, Windows 8 tablets, iPads, Macs and select mobile devices including iPhone.1
- The latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote2, Publisher2, and Access.2
- An extra 1 TB of online storage in OneDrive.3
- 60 minutes of Skype calls to phones in 40+ countries every month.4
- Full, streamable versions of Office on any PC with Office on Demand.5
- Convenient four year subscription with automatic upgrades included so you're always up to date with the latest features and services.
How do I download Office?
Please note: This item requires a download directly from Microsoft. Below are instructions on what to expect when you purchase an Office download from Amazon.co.uk:
- Once you have completed your software download purchase at Amazon.co.uk, you must click the "Continue to Office.com" button to get your software. The "Continue to Office.com" button can be found in your confirmation email, Your Games and Software Library, and on the Thank You page once you've completed your purchase.
- You will be directed to a custom Microsoft Office site to register or sign-in with a Microsoft account.
- Select your preferred country and language.
- From your "My Account" page with Microsoft, select the item that you want to install.
- Click the "Install" button to begin your download.
Full and part time enrolled university and college students, faculty and staff in accredited institutions. Alumni of these institutions are ineligible.
Submit proof: You will be required to verify your eligibility online to use this software.
- Go to www.office.com/verify
- Enter your 25-character Product Key.
- Sign in with or create your Microsoft account.
- Verify your eligibility by providing your school email address or logon, or International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Office.
If you purchased Office 365 University as a download from a retailer, visit www.office.com/myaccount on the PC or Mac that you want to install Office on, and then sign in with or create a Microsoft account. Once signed in, click Install Office and follow the onscreen instructions. You will not need to enter your product key.
Restriction: Each eligible user can redeem Office 365 University product once in a three year period and can activate a maximum of two.
What's new with Office?
Office On and Off Campus
- Be more productive with a full version of Office, no matter where you are.
- Sign in to get Office on your PC and Windows 8 tablet, iPad and Mac.1
- Sign in to your Microsoft account to get to your documents, applications, and settings.
- You’ll always have the latest features and services, thanks to automatic version upgrades.
Simple Sharing and Communication
- Get all the email, scheduling, and task tools in Outlook.
- Use OneNote to capture and share notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and more.2
- Allow others to read and scroll through your Word docs in real time through a browser, even if they don’t have Word.
Microsoft Office Applications
- Incorporate content from PDFs into Word documents.
- Add pictures, videos, or online media to your Word documents with a simple drag and drop.
- Create presentations with widescreen themes in PowerPoint.
- Find meaning in numbers with the Quick Analysis and Chart Animations in Excel.
Which version is right for you?
Office 365 Premium is for households who want Office on up to five PCs and Windows 8 tablets or Macs. But if you're still not sure which version is right for you, check out our comparison chart.
1. Windows 7, Windows 8 OS, Windows Phone 7.5, Mac OS X version 10.5.8 required. Windows RT devices come preinstalled with Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview. Visit www.office.com/mobile for applicable devices. Internet connection required. Internet and mobile telephone usage charges may apply.
2. Access and Publisher available on PC only. OneNote not available on Mac OS.
3. PC running Windows 7 or 8 and Internet connection required.
4. See office.com/information for details. Skype account required. Excludes special, premium, and non-geographic numbers. Calls to mobile phones are for select countries only. Skype available only in select countries.
5. Internet and/or carrier network connectivity required; charges may apply.
- Computer and Processor: 1 GHz or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set. Requires Intel processorfor MAC systems.
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32 Bit) /2 GB RAM (64 Bit)
- Hard Disk: 3.0 GB of available disk space
- Display: 1366 x 768 resolution
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2008 R2 with .NET 3.5 or greater. Mac OS X 10.6 or late.
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX10 graphics card
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x.
- Internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Microsoft and Skype accounts.
- A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. New touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
- Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Top Customer Reviews
Once you've purchased the software, you'll need to go to your email account, open the Microsoft email and click a link to validate your software via the Microsoft website. It was as simple as clicking the link and entering my University email address. Once you've done this, it'll tell you that you're validated. From here, go back to your Amazon account and refresh the page. You should now see your product key. Type in the product key on the Microsoft site and you'll be able to download your software. It's quite easy really.
You'll have to activate your Skype minutes separately! Go to your OneDrive account, sign in with your Microsoft Account (Email address) and look in the bottom left for the 'Get More Storage' button. Click that and you'll see there's a 'View' button, which will let you view your Office 365 subscription. This will take you to another page where you need to click a link to sign into Skype online and activate your minutes.
Back to the review: Office 365 is all about the "cloud". Heard of OneDrive? OneDrive is Microsoft's "Cloud". The cloud is essentially a server which allocates space to YOU, the customer. It's worth noting that this product comes with an absolutely massive 1TB worth of storage (that's enough for 10,000,000 word docs, if they were 100kb each).
Anyway, you can store your documents and files on the cloud (OneDrive) and access them from your other devices e.g Mac, phone or tablet.Read more ›
I just wanted to provide a quick update on the product.
The stability of Office seems to have improved since I've gotten it. During the first couple of months, I had nothing but problems with it, but now, even though there are still the occasional problems with crashing, it has improved dramatically.
The last time I checked my account online, I noticed that microsoft has reduced the amount of mobile activations, which is now 2, instead of 5. (Update: Office 365 can now also be activated on Android and iOS tablets through their respective app stores)
I guessing that based on some of the recent reviews, e-mail activation is now working as normal. Of course, I can't confirm it, but either way, I would personally recommend using an NUS extra card for activation, although if you don't have one, it may be a better idea to try email first, and THEN NUS/ISIC if that fails.
--- Original ---
For the price that this is currently being offered at, this is a steal. The Office 365 University suite not only offers more applications than the basic Home & Student Office suite, but is also a hell of a lot cheaper than getting Office 365 Home & Student.
One of my biggest issues with Office is the bugs that it seems to have. Now I've only used Word 2013 once so far, but while I was trying to edit a document, Word refused to let me move an object at one point, and it kept creating lines across the page when moving an object. The boxes that appeared around the objects also sort of stuck to the screen, unless you went over it with another object. Now I don't know if this is just an issue with my laptop or if it's a common issue with Office, but it seems like the bugs are worse than in the last version of Office (2010).Read more ›
After telephone support sessions with Microsoft totalling nearly four hours and many trouble shooting checks by MS and myself, the software still failed to install correctly. In the end MS support suggested reinstalling the entire operating system. Given I was using a brand new PC I had just set up with loads of other programs and files this was a massive inconvenience.
However, after a fresh install of Windows, Windows updates and nothing else, the office installer worked and continues to work after installing the rest of my programs and files. The office applications are fine (similar to office 2010 in most respects) and with a bit of tinkering it doesn't have to be all on the cloud and signed in to you MS account if you don't need it. MS support was really helpful and did the best they could to help but unfortunately the root cause of the installer errors was never found. Office should install fine on the majority of devices out there but be prepared to reinstall Windows if the installer goes south.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great product with a fantastic new design and some great new features. Quick despatch of activation code and say to download and install.Published 9 months ago by Leroy