- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Bible Paperback – 1 Sep 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
"Paul Nielsen brings his passion for SQL Server and his long years of experience with this product into every page of the SQL Server 2008 Bible."
― Kalen Delaney, SQL Server MVP
Get ready for SQL Server 2008
Whether you′re a database developer, DBA, or BI Developer, SQL Server 2008 promises to change the way you deliver enterprise data solutions. Open this detailed, experience–based guide for clear explanations of the concepts balanced with real–world examples and best practices gleaned from years of field and consulting experience. SQL Server is an immense product ― this book is your guide to the strategies and details that matter most.
Master the data architecture concepts that drive database technologies
Write elegant set–based queries that respond well to a comprehensive indexing strategy
Code an efficient and robust data abstraction layer with stored procedures
Learn the best way to connect to SQL Server with ADO or Microsoft Access
Use PowerShell and Policy–based Management to better administer your servers
Use Analysis Services, MDX, and Excel to analyze data trends
Optimize performance with data compression, resource governor, and partitioning
Companion Web Site
Please visit www.sqlserverbible.com to download all the sample databases and code, watch screencasts that walk through key features, sign up for the SQL Server Bible eNewsletter, find additional SQL Server utilities and samples, and find out about the authors′ seminars and speaking schedules.
- Manage enterprise data servers with ease
- Develop scalable and flexible databases
- Analyze data with SQL Server′s BI Suite
- The book you need to succeed!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There is clear evidence that the book was written from author's own vast experience, as the author (as well as contributing authors) provide practical insights into the whys and how-to design approaches - the quality nowadays lacking with most [prescriptive - do-like-this without explaining why] books. For example the "Best Practice" side notes that show up at relevant points throughout the book attest to this point.
This is a hefty book in 76 chapters and over 1600 pages, but it is more like getting many books in one binding. This is the case because some of the 10 Parts can actually stand out as a self-contained book. You will note that most other database books just cover a small subset of this book and do not necessarily give as much expected focus to the subject area. This is an excellent book that lives up to its title. It is suitable for a wide range of skills (beginner to advanced) as well as professions (developers/programmers, DBAs, business analysts). I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel with new features of the new SQL Server version 11 (a.k.a. 2012) - Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Bible - due to be released sometime in 2012.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a very good book after reading 2005 edition, I noticed it is good to have the 2008 upgrade verison. 5 starsPublished on 18 Feb. 2013 by Olanrewaju O. Oluyemi
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Databases > Data Storage & Management > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web-server Software > Microsoft