Microsoft Private Cloud Computing Paperback – 29 Jun 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
An Essential Resource for Implementing the Hottest Technology in IT
The next step in the evolution of business computing has gone to the cloud. With the significant cost savings and performance boost that it offers, more companies are turning to private clouds and need IT professionals who understand the infrastructure. This how–to guide walks you through the technology and shows you how to build a secure, internal cloud using Microsoft Windows Server® Hyper–V® and Microsoft System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). Learn how to implement and manage a virtualization environment and prepare for the future of Windows Server computing.
- Explore the new capabilities of VMM for System Center 2012
- Set up, configure, and deploy VMM to meet your business needs
- Create, add, modify, configure, or remove the different Fabric components
- Add library servers and library shares to your environment, then scan for compliance
- Manage private clouds through their life cycle while provisioning access to both the VMM and Library resources
- Interact with your newly formed private cloud through the interfaces offered in VMM
- Focus on the applications that will be hosted on your private cloud
About the Author
Aidan Finn is an MVP in Virtual Machine: System Administration and leader of the Windows User Group in Ireland.
Hans Vredevoort is a Cluster MVP and an infrastructure consultant.
Patrick Lownds is leader of the Microsoft Virtualization User Group in the UK.
Damian Flynn is the Infrastructure Architect for Lionbridge Technologies and acting manager of Core Infrastructure Group.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There is a short section towards the end where VMM 2012 is linked into the other System Center products but it wouldn't be enough to get you started with Service Manager or Operations Manager but that really isn't the point of the book. The Microsoft Private Cloud offering is built on VMM 2012 and this book hits the mark perfectly on that.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The authors explain the reasoning behind Microsoft's strategy, making this book a great read for anybody interested in understanding the current and future business opportunities.
For me, their work was a mind opener as they carefully assembled all the pieces of the puzzle, including monitoring and orchestration, into a coherent and pragmatic approach.
Get this book for the how to's of a Private Cloud and read it cover to cover, well written and easy read. If you are having a hard time finding books for the new exam series then get this book it fill the gaps.