Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition--for purchase with PC Hardware only, 3 Users (PC)
- For purchase with PC hardware only
- This product can be installed on three computers
- Contains: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote
- Create great-looking documents faster and easier using improved picture, charting and graphics tools with Smart Graphics
- Create eye-catching spreadsheets and charts with shading and colour in Excel 2007
- Give documents, spreadsheets and presentations a consistent look automatically with Themes
- See formatting changes in one click using Live Preview
- Get better results fast, with improved user interface, menus and toolbars
- Gather, organize and search your notes and information in one place with Office OneNote 2007
- Remove comments, hidden text and personal information from documents with Document Inspector
- Recover documents lost while working during inopportune system problems through the Document Recovery Tool
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Windows XP / 7 / Vista
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Office Home and Student 2007 provides office software essentials to help you accomplish tasks more efficiently. You can use Office Home and Student 2007 to create great-looking documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, and you can manage your notes and information in one place. With improved menus and tools, enhanced graphics and formatting capabilities, new information management tools, and more reliability and security, Office Home and Student 2007 makes working at home easier and more enjoyable.
Top Customer Reviews
- Wordprocessor - Word;
- Spreadsheet - Excel;
- Presentation Manager - PowerPoint; &
- Note recorder OneNote
In the box, you get one set of installation files on a DVD, and one licence code that can be registered for three computers in the same home.
Called a Home & Student edition, you do not need to have a student in your home in order to legally use this product, but there is a restriction - you are not allowed to use this product for any business reasons. So if you run a business from home this is NOT for you. - Microsoft market an Office Small Business Edition which comes with extra features and web help for small business users.
However, if you just want something to write letters; write notes; and, do the family finances at home, this is a sensible and cheap solution which makes Microsoft Works almost pointless.
An obvious thought here - there aren't many non-commercial reasons to use PowerPoint at home other than for kids homework so why include it? Publisher (used for writing Newsletters and very popular among churches) or the database program Access (although difficult to learn) would have been of more use, whilst the loss of Office Outlook (not to be confused with Outlook Express) is annoying if you already use an older version as your e-mail system.
Note however that Office 2007 only works with Windows XP or Vista, so computers running Windows 95, 98 or ME can NOT run this product.
With a new version, one expects improvements and in this case there are many. The most obvious being the new menu system which takes a bit of getting used to but needs to be learnt as this will be the future.Read more ›
However if you have a schoolkid/student in the house and their academic institution [i.e. School or College] is on the participating list, and most will be, you can pick up the full Office Professional 2007 for them for just £45 [incl postage] via any Microsoft educational software partner. With Office Pro you get Access/Publisher/Outlook as well, for about the price of this cut-down Office Home & Student. If the kids might need OneNote as well then go for top of the range Office Enterprise 2007 for just £55 [there's even Wacom 'educational use' graphics stylus/tablets on offer]. Try for instance Microsoft Partner [...Read more ›
A first-time negative reviwer, and a previous admirer of the Microsoft Office stable, I have to register disgust at this particular Microsoft offering. It is misleading, and if you want a comprehensive product, you are going to have to spend a lot more.
As backgound, I am a "silver" post-grad now involved in cardiology related voluntary work with the NHS. My wife is a seving Headteacher. At the turn of last year we decided to update our long sufferring systems, which were struggling to cope with Office XP professional (2003).
As a Sony fan, I bought myself an AR series large screen desktop replacement, together with the ultimate boy's toy -a full powered micro PC (Sony UX-1XN). My wife got a semi-pro CR series. The point is that the first came with Vista home premium operating systems and the others sport full Vista Business, so I thought it appropriate to upgrade to a three user vista compatable Office licence.
I have rated the product 3 stars. In fairness, if you are prepared to put in the learning effort, there are significant improvements in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.BUT:
1)No access to the relational database "Access", or any update to that.
2) Most importantly, the student version does not support or include any version of Outlook. Naively, I thought that they may have substituted Outlook by improving windows Calendar, Mail Manager, contacts etc. That is not the case. I am now dependent on my ISP providers mail manager , with the lack of appropriate security. I have also tried installing my licenced 2003 version, but either I am inept or it is being blocked.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
bought this as I don't like the office 365 that come with new laptops and desktopsPublished 1 month ago by T. Wigley
I have just one gripe about this product and that is that it doesn't include Outlook. However, considering the price, it's still an excellent product!Published 5 months ago by N. P. Byford
I couldn't register it, so the claim that there was at least one registration left was wrong. So it's completely useless.Published 12 months ago by zeitgeist
Wonderful and we'll constructed. Easy installation of the product. I was wondering if you had the Windows 7 Professional.... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Linda Key
Great service from supplier and first class product with no issuesPublished 15 months ago by Martin Crooks