Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam (Retail Packaging)
|Price:||£62.12 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£27.87 (31%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1080p HD Sensor - For superior sharpness and image quality
- Auto Focus - In focus from four inches to infinity
- High-precision glass element lens - Wide-angle glass element lens for advanced, high-precision optics
- TrueColor Technology - Bright and colorful video, in virtually all lighting conditions
- ClearFrame Technology - For smooth, detailed video
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Supported operating systems: Microsoft Windows 10/8.1/8/7
- Connectivity: USB
From the manufacturer
The Closest to Being There
A Lense Worth Looking Through
The LifeCam Studio has a full 1080p HD sensor behind a high-precision glass element lens to ensure that from a hardware perspective, you will have high quality picture at better resolutions.
With the right software, this means you can record video at 720p and above, stream video at 720p and take pictures at 5 megapixels.
TrueColor and ClearFrame Technology
TrueColor, provides superior colour and brightness in almost all lighting conditions, including low light and backlight.
It sets the correct balance of brightness to help ensure the user’s face is not overexposed or underexposed in a variety of environments — from the conservatory with bright sunshine in the morning to the living room with low light in the evening.
Add this to ClearFrame Technology to reduce picture graininess and you have a better picture quality.
Universal Attachment Base
Being able to finely tune the position of your webcam is really important so that you get the better quality picture.
The LifeCam Studio has an adjustable rubber clip that can neatly cling on to various parts of your PC set up.
It also has a swivel that provides a 360 degree rotation of the camera and allows you to tilt it, so you will always be in full frame.
If you are a real pro, the base also has a 1/4 - 20 UNC standard tripod thread, so you can fit the LifeCam Studio on a desk tripod.
Being able to position your webcam at just the right spot is important, so the LifeCam Studio comes with a USB cable just shy of 2 meters to ensure that it can reach its place. The webcam also comes with a cable clip so you can neatly fold away any excess cable.
Once you have installed the most up to date LifeCam Dashboard and have a video session up and running, you get to tweak the settings of the LifeCam Studio to your needs.
You can alter the zoom and rotation of the camera, access the Truecolor settings and brightness or for a bit of fun, put some effects on your camera, to give you the cute bunny ears you always wanted.
High Fidelity Microphone
The integrated microphone is omni-directional, which means that it can pick up your voice clearly, no matter which direction it is coming from.
The microphone is also super wideband, which means it can pick up sounds at very high frequencies (squeaky high pitch) to the very low frequencies (deep low pitch).
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
1. Neat unit - appears to be well constructed.
2. Good base that will sit in different monitors, laptops etc. Being able to mount on a tripod or microphone stand is a useful facility.
3. The picture quality is - like many cameras of this type - superior in natural light. In other situations it is good for Internet conversations but not good enough to make quality recordings. (Manual and autofocus are quite slow in lower light conditions.
4. Audio is adequate.
5. The ability to pan and tilt has some use but is dependent on how far the camera lens is 'zoomed'.
1. The packing box says Windows 10 but when the drivers are downloaded you currently read that not all functions will work.
2. The camera does work with Windows 10 OS but the gimmick stuff does not on my PC. (Putting silly animated hats overlays is no interest to me - or most others buying a camera of this type).
3. The software allows adjustment of zoom, pan, tilt, focus - but response is slow.
4. Software allows the user to change modes e.g. focus and auto focus etc.
5. The lens cap us useless and consistently falls off!
Thus unit has the potential to be very useful but is let down in a number of areas.
I hope my review is useful for those considering purchase.
So - I have been using this webcam since January 2012, so that must have been back in my Windows XP days.
It has worked perfectly in all respects, as advertised and at all times since then, through to working with the Windows 10 on my desktop today.
I just want to put that out there in case you get put off by the naysayers and the "one-star" generals. They have likely been installing the webcam incorrectly, or there's some other self-inflicted injury they've perpetrated.
The webcam works fine. It also looks cool :-)
Just think fellas - it's Microsoft. Are they going to develop a product which doesn't work with Windows 10, their own OS???
My friends were amazed that they could see every detail, every hair on my head, textures, and even water and juice.
My grandmother who lives in the USA and I cooked together via skype and she was delighted that she could really help me out, she could see the consistency of sauce and the texture of the flour - she was even able to tell me I was using the wrong type of flour just by looking at it!!
Ok I realise - if you're having a bad hair day or have a few spots on your face this might not be an advantage, but fear not - the webcam's options and colours are superior and allow you to fine tune until you are satisfied with the results.
The sound quality is superb! My grandmother said she could finally hear my real voice which was far more pleasant than the robotic or deep voice you get from other webcams. Also, she could hear every sound in great detail - frying, boiling, she could even hear me peeling the potatoes!!! It's the next best thing to being together with people you love. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
- Nice decent image
- Nice video quality
- Nice positioning, you can put it anywhere with easy
- Light weight
- Small and cute
- Works with Windows 8.1
- Gets very hot
- Images are best taken with lots of natural sunlight (which is great for me as I am outdoors when abroad)
I would consider this the best webcam there is so far, however I have been told that IF the video is used a lot it could mess up which is worrying. I think you can get away with 2 - 3 hours recording before things melt though, I didn't have any issues with my last cam but I never used it that often. This cam will be my way of private v/logging while travelling, I was going to get a smartphone but I have a normal camera for scenery pics already and really only needed a v/logging cam.
Most recent customer reviews
But after 10-15 minutes the picture starts flickering.Read more
-over heats really quickly
-stutters with lines of gray
-turns off randomly
-ISN'T FIT FOR PURPOSE
-the multi surface mount is inferior...Read more