Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0 For Dummies Paperback – 17 Apr 1998
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Covers the New Active Server Pages Technology!
Your Stress–Free Guide to the Most Powerful and Complete Windows Web Server Available! Ready for business on the World Wide Web? Let Microsoft® Internet Information Server 4 For Dummies® show you how to get your Web site or intranet up and running. This easy–to–understand reference brings you all the details you need to set up your own server, build a secure site, and produce rich, dynamic contents by taking advantage of the latest technologies including FrontPage 98 and Active Server Pages (ASP). Let These Icons Guide You!
- Points you to shortcuts and insights that save you time and trouble
- Warns you of a danger you should watch out for
- Highlights nerdy technical stuff you can skip if you want to
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Calculate your hardware, telecommunications, and Internet service requirements for establishing a Web server on the Internet
- Build your own intranet using Microsoft TCP/IP and Internet Information Server
- Get the facts on securing your network and Web server from Internet attackers
- Track your Web site audience to gain valuable marketing information
- Allow multiple scripting languages to live in one environment with Active Server Pages (ASP)
- Use Microsoft Index Server to build your own Web site search engine
- Set up an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server for sharing files across the Internet
About the Author
About David Angell David Angell is a principal in angell.com, a consulting and technical communications firm based in Boston, MA. David is the author of IDG Books Worldwide's ISDN For Dummies®, 2nd Edition, and the coauthor of Mosaic For Dummies®, 2nd Edition, as well as the author of 18 other books on a wide variety of computer topics.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web-server Software > Microsoft