Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Egg Poacher|Change
Price:£2.08+ Free shipping

on 27 December 2011
I am on my second example of this item as the first one was destroyed when an egg exploded! Oh alright, perhaps 'destroyed' is a bit of an exaggeration but it was broken. The catch that holds it closed in use is a bit fragile and if you do overheat an egg(s) to the point where they explode the catch (on mine anyway) breaks off. My microwave has a 300 watt setting and I find that 3 - 3.5 min on 300W does two eggs perfectly. Used as per the instructions and it is the easiest way to poach eggs.
on 23 February 2012
With this device, eggs have to be cooked in short bursts and checked frequently, making it difficult to get on with anything else. And "bursts" is an appropriate word because, even being as cautious as the instructions recommend, it frequently sprays the inside of the microwave with exploding egg white. Since I bought my microwave for convenience, not for micro-managing egg-poaching, I have stopped using the poacher and just drop my eggs into a pan of boiling water because it's quicker and cleaner.
on 3 July 2014
Cheap, badly made and the lid doesn't close properly, so it makes a right mess in your microwave. Go for the egg cup-type ones with the vented lids instead - same brand - as they work fine. Just to be clear, this is a product review only - no problem with the supplier or despatch.
on 14 November 2014
I have used various microwave egg poachers over the years. They are fantastically useful - especially if, like me, you like your eggs rock hard.
Despite the negative reviews I am extremely happy with these poachers. Many people complain of the catch, but all one needs to do is slightly flex the lid as one closes the container. Thus shut, I have found them to be as secure and perhaps less prone to explosions than any I have previously used. All poachers of this type, no matter what the price will explode if not correctly used. Microwaving will not give you effortless instant eggs, but it is a neat, easy way to cook, and much faster than boiling.

Most of the problems with microwaved eggs come from leaving them cooking unattended for too long - and, as has been noted, the instructions given with these poachers are minimal. It really is a matter of trial and error, but one seldom goes wrong if - having first pierced the yolks - one places the poacher on the edge of the turntable, handle towards the centre and cooks for one minute or 1.30 if the eggs are very cold . Pause for a few moments to allow pressure to fall - opening the lid won't hurt - and then give it another shot for 30 seconds, repeating until done. A lot depends on the number of eggs you are cooking and their initial temperature. I use two of these containers in a 700w microwave to cook four eggs from the fridge. This usually takes around 2.5-3.5 minutes of cooking depending on ambient temperature. A single poacher will take less time. I open the lid for a couple of seconds between later blasts to see how the egg is cooking and release pressure . Hopefully, if you do the same, there will be no explosions or drama. This is a good way to cook eggs whilst preparing the rest of the meal , as you can leave them between blasts with no loss of heat and the pressure dissipates naturally :) This is simply my experience, gained over about 12 years of exploding eggs - but I hope it helps :)
on 16 April 2016
Received in time as stated for delivery. Instructions say length of time to cook with varying times as per microwave wattage. Mine is 900 yet eggs still not cooked after 60 seconds. At times, I egg may blow up whilst the other egg not cooked. However saying that, it's still more convienant than having to boil pan of water etc.
on 29 February 2016
Having only recently suffered a severe case of shell shock as a result of my last disastrous egg-scapade, I thought it was time to stop being a chicken and whisk it. I decided it was time to get cracking, and find my next egg related contraption.
I know what you’re thinking, I’ve already used too many egg puns in the last 61 words, but I’m sure I can think of some more…
After spending what seemed like hours scouring the internet, I came across this microwave poacher – it was just too egg-citing an opportunity to miss. I waited, (not-so) patiently for my new toy to arrive, eagerly checking the post each morning with high hopes of a deliciously eggy breakfast. When, finally, the big day came! I was egg-static to find that the item is egg-sactly what I was after.
My only issue is that I haven’t yet mastered the art of the perfectly poached egg, it’s quite different using the microwave – but as the outcome was quite egg-semplary, and it’s quite obviously my lack of skill with egg microwaving tools, omelettin’ that slide.
I would most definitely recommend this product – absolutely cracking!
on 9 July 2016
Absoultly rubbish! Waste of money!! Took nearlly 2 weeks to recive and wen did get it put it in the microwave and it blew it!! Eggs were all over the poacher was melted!! Will never buy off this seller again!!
on 28 May 2013
Tried it twice but very hard to get the timing right. The lid doesn't really serve a purpose. Wouldn't recommend it.
on 17 April 2016
Excellent, came in good time and works really well. Chuffed with it. So easy to use, although I do find it takes an extra 10 or 15 seconds than what the instructions say. But great product nonetheless.
on 16 April 2014
Does the job reasonably for the money. Have had the odd mini exploding egg even though using mid power range & pricking egg prior to cooking as per the instructions. It is a little flimsier than a previous micro poacher that I had which may explain the lid prising off in cooking sometimes. Also find that even Medium sized eggs fill up the cooking chamber right to capacity which again might not help with my experiences. An ok job for the money, would probably pay more next time for a better constructed model.