Microbiology with Diseases by Body System with The Microbiology Place Website Paperback – 11 Jan 2008
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Robert W. Bauman, Jr. holds a Ph.D. in Biology from Stanford University, an M.A. in Botany from the University of Texas at Austin, and a B.A. in Biology from the University of Texas at Austin. He is a professor of biology and former chairman of the Department of Biological Sciences at Amarillo College in Amarillo, Texas. He has been teaching microbiology and human anatomy and physiology since 1988. In 2004, the students of Amarillo College selected Dr. Bauman as the recipient of the John. F. Mead Faculty Excellence Award.
His research interests have included the morphology and ecology of freshwater algae, the cell biology of marine algae (particularly the deposition of cell walls and intercellular communication), and environmentally triggered chromogenesis in butterflies. His dissertation research at Stanford was on intercellular and cell growth in red algae at the Hopkins Marine Station.
Robert Bauman is the author of another microbiology textbook at Benjamin Cummings, Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy, 2/e (copyright 2007). Before becoming a Benjamin Cummings author, he also co-authored an anatomy and physiology laboratory manual (Whittier Publications), a microbiology laboratory manual (B&C Publishing), and an anatomy and physiology study guide (Harcourt Brace). He is an active member of the American Society of Microbiology (ASM) and Texas Community College Teacher’s Association (TCCTA).
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies