on 11 October 2011
Fantastic value for money - from a brilliant Author. Have bought for my son but will be reading them myself too.
on 25 April 2012
All your favourite Michael Murpurgo stories in a box. This box set represents superb value for money. If you don't know Morpurgo's work, you're in for a treat. He writes griping true to life stories, often about someone in a perilous situation. He has an amazing gift for evoking places and situations. He doesn't shy away from life's scarier aspects, and we share the lead character's journey to come through their trials and tribulations. The most outstanding aspect of his writing is how it weaves in with history, current affairs & relationships. Readers learn about life in World War II (Adolphus Tips)for example, without it feeling like learning.

He's a favourite with teachers and school children alike. Our kids devour the books like sweets. Don't dismiss him as a writer of kids fiction though, these books have had my burly engineer husband in tears when he's read them along with the children.

We bought this box set for my childless sister's fortieth. She adored it, and now feels she can share reading with our children. They are in my eyes classic books already, which I hope to read with my grandchildren one day.
on 6 July 2011
Having read War Horse, we decided to get the box set. What a fantastic storyteller he is! Not read them all yet, but so far so good. Recommended with a capital R!!
on 21 March 2012
Brought these for my son, how can you go wrong when you purchase 16 books at a great knock down price. There is a great mix of books to cater for everyone's taste and Michael Morpurgo is a excellent award winning author. My son loves them and now reads every night before bed !! What more can any parent want ?? The only negative thing is that we do not get a case to store all the book in.
on 5 January 2012
My daughter, age 12, does not 'do' reading but likes Michael Morpurgo, so got her this for Christmas. She loves it and actually managed to read 2 of the books before the end of the holidays! At least there are enough books to keep her quiet for a while - and it is brilliant to not have to nag her to read, rather than being on the computer!
on 7 July 2013
A really good looking boxed set with books of various lengths to provide a quick read, or a night time reader with plenty of choice. Just one quibble, the box is so tight that you have to shake it upside down to get them out, and then put all the ones you don't want back!
on 8 July 2013
The 16 titles that arrived were not the ones advertised. My daughter had read a lot of the titles we received and was really disappointed as she had been looking forward to reading her new books over the summer. On the plus side the delivery time to Ireland was fast.
on 19 June 2014
Item was not as per description.
The particular titles that my grand-daughter wanted were not included. (8 out of the sixteen titles) She was very disappointed
on 1 December 2012
bought these for my 10yr old brother, as he was studying the author in class.
he was glued to the books for the first couple of weeks. educational and keeps them out of trouble. would recommend.
on 3 July 2013
Excellent service. All questions answered quickly and satisfactorily
Would definitely order again. Packaging was appropriate fir item.
Very reasonably priced.