on 23 August 2014
i love this book...I was into Michael Jackson..when I was a little girl since I heard his music,i have mostly all his albums on tapes,and cds.. and on dvds to..and on video tapes,etc..I saw Michael Jackson tribute near me..it was spectular,and amazing the performance was great and excellent...I will go again!!!!.... I two have books etc ,on him also..i loved the way he did his moonwalk!!!!! I will continue to listen and see his tributes live in concerts and get his albums etc..ive also got on dvds Jackson American dream done by the jacksons etc...from kellie nash....
on 27 August 2009
This book is simply a whole lot of stories collected from the tabloids over the years with some text written around them. The only saving grace for this book is that it has some pictures of Michael in it, but you should look to buy a different book if you are looking for a tribute to MJ.
7 people found this helpful
on 13 September 2009
As this book was cheaper than most I thought it might not be as good as other tributes but it was probably the one I enjoyed most. Lovely Photos and lots of information.
6 people found this helpful
on 9 September 2009
I have just finished reading this book last night - till 3am, couldn't put it down... this is ideal for people looking for a quick glimpse into the world of Michael Jackson, what the man was really like, for a cheap price.

I've read 6 or 7 Michael Jackson books - I find him a fascinating person, and this is the only one that reflects back on Michael without an agenda, without ulterior motives to cause publicity and to sell the book.

The last Chapter had me becoming emotional. My recommendation; buy it!
9 people found this helpful
on 23 November 2009
This is a definitive and well-researched book, it has all the detail's you didn't know of before. I found out so much about him, and I feel like I know the man! The book give's many different perspective's and goes deeply down into the heart of the star himself.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 August 2009
This is a brilliant tribute to the late King of Pop. The stories and photos are exceptional, and the tributes from other huge stars remind us exactly why he became such a worldwide phenomenon. A must-read for any fan!
7 people found this helpful
on 20 June 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - I am a huge MJ fan and for some reason didn't hold out much hope for this book, thinking it would be just another book that jumped on the band wagon after that absolutely heartbreakingly dreadful day last year. How wrong I was - I couldn't put it down. This book flows along nicely and the author does not push her own views or ideas on to reader and is very fair. It's definitely a fine tribute to the King himself. There were many things in this book that I knew already, however, there were also some little gems that I did not which made it an absolute pleasure to read. I am proud to have this book in my ever growing MJ library and recommend it to others.
One person found this helpful
on 24 August 2009
Alarm bells should have started ringing when I saw that the author had incorrectly stated Michael Jackson's date of death as 25 July, still as a life long fan I thought ok let me buy it anyway. I was very disappointed!!!!!!! The three stars awarded are merely for the fantastic pictures included in the book but as a whole I felt that the author rushed the book out merely for financial gain and at times came across as negative with some of the things written, at times I felt that I was reading one of the tabloids which Michael hated so much. Not impressed.
8 people found this helpful