Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
Customers Also Bought Items By
Introducing “Feel Good Fasting” Discover how fasting can change YOUR life in this new book from best selling author Michael Hill!
Fasting is one of the oldest human practices, harkening back to prehistoric times when human beings roamed the earth as hunter-gatherers and naturally fasted in between periods of hunting and eating. Over the years, human beings evolved to grow their own food and create societies with stable food sources year-round. Fasting, as a natural way of living, declined but many societies kept fasting as a practice for both religious and cultural benefits. Fasting is a common practice around the globe for medical, religious, cultural and health benefits.
Fasting essentially involves abstaining from consuming calorie-rich foods and drinks for a specified period of time. During fasting, the body experiences some metabolic changes. These changes occur usually after the last meal has been fully absorbed and digested by the body, which happens usually anywhere from 3 to 5 hours after the last meal was eaten.
In this e-book, we explore the history of fasting, why people fast, the benefits of fasting, the three main types of fasting and what you need to fast.
In this e-book, you will learn:
- What fasting is
- Why do people fast
- Medical reasons that people fast
- Religious reasons that people fast
- Cultural reasons that people fast
- Health benefits offered by fasting
- The 3 main types of fasts
- What caloric restriction is
- What macronutrient restriction is
- What seasonal eating is
- What you need to fast
- Some tips and guidelines
Additional references for further reading and study
Get This Book FREE with Kindle Unlimited!
Competitive sport is today about winning and training to win. Many athletes are professionals, with careers managed by teams of specialist staff working towards the ultimate goal of world-class, medal-winning performances.
This entry-level text offers new students a comprehensive introduction to the phenomenon of the pursuit of excellence in sport, covering the key issues and talking points including:
- the history and tradition of sporting excellence
- comparisons of elite high-performance sport programmes in Australia, the USA, East Germany and France
- the historical, social, political and economic impacts of sporting excellence in the UK
- current issues and debates, including drugs in sport
- the future for high-performance sport.
With a clear framework for understanding and exploring key issues, questions for discussion, websites and suggestions for further reading, In Pursuit of Excellence is an ideal introduction for AS, A Level and undergradute students.