on 6 June 2011
Never managed to remove an whole egg out of it in one piece from day one, with following instructions to the t, waste of cupboard space
on 2 January 2005
Super, solid egg poacher, which actually has has non-stick, seamless cups, unlike the previous two egg poachers I had bought where just the pan was non-stick. One small point - the lid has an extra high handle, so you won't burn your knuckles, but it does take up quite a lot of room to store.
on 25 May 2010
Work well for a few months before they give up the ghost.

Don't ask why we bought another one. We gave the manufacturer another chance in case it was our fault but the non-stick comes unstuck from the egg cup quite quickly even though we line the cup with butter so they slip out when cooked, no metal utensils used.

Not vey happy bunnies because these are expensive pans with cheap and nasty egg cups.
on 14 June 2015
I rarely write reviews but this poacher is so good I feel I want to promote it. Do not pay attention to any negative reviews - this is the perfect poacher! It makes poached eggs far quicker than most poachers because it has metal poaching cups - this also seems to help the white to cook without making the yolk hard. It also has a glass lid so you can see the whites become white - in other words the perfect way to guarantee a perfect poached egg every time!
Just by wiping a little oil into the cups the whole thing can be hand wiped in seconds - no need for the dishwasher. Also very good quality lid and pan (for a poacher!). My only negative comment is that I don't think the pan is good enough to use as a frying pan (or indeed for any other purpose) - but then it is a poacher.
on 9 June 2007
Don't know what previous reviewer was thinking, having nonstick inside the pan is useless if your poaching eggs. The egg holders are like every other poacher I have used, yes!!! the eggs stick ( Badly ). Very disappointed as this is not a cheap item to purchase. One would think that an egg poacher would have egg holders that would release eggs easily, sorry but would not recommend this poacher to anyone.
33 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2012
This has got to be the best egg poacher I've owned (and I've had a few.) Non-stick is perfect if you also use a little oil or butter to line the cup and cleaning is a breeze. Good quality, heavy pan.
on 30 October 2014
Non stick coating comes off egg cups with hand washing, as the edges are trimmed after the non stick coating is applied in manufacture leaving an open edge, unacceptable after very little use. Returned without issue, would have been perfect if a composite material was used for the egg cups as you would expect.
on 22 October 2011
Looking for a replacement egg poacher I chose this one for the following reasons: (1) All surfaces coated with either non-stick or enamel, making clean up easier.(When doing anything I think one should consider clean up time as well as preparation and cooking time. 2)Egg cups were of metal giving predictable heat transfer. Other pans had what appeared to be plastic egg cups, the heat transfer properties of which I have no experience of. Before buying this excellent pan I tried the cheap alternative of using silicone poach pods in a saucepan. They were a disaster. Difficult to handle because they were flexible and the eggs took much longer to cook because the silicone did not seem to transfer heat from the water anywere near as well as metal. Thus my decision not to buy a pan with plastic egg cups. Also, the eggs always stuck in the silicone pods no matter how much I greased them and trying to wash them took too long. I readily recommend this pan from Meyer-Prestige. One extra point - another reviewer contacted Meyer asking how to use the pan and was told to use oil rather than butter or margarine to grease the egg cups because this gave better release properties to the cooked eggs. This works for me, as long as I use an adequate amount.
on 11 October 2016
Excellent for easy to remove poached eggs. Some of the non stick material come away from the rims of the egg holders after it has been used for some time. Still the best I've used
on 10 December 2012
Apart from its robust construction and non-stick cups, I particularly like and apreciate the compactness of the pan so it fits neatly in an already full pan cupboard.

See one answered question