- Paperback: 850 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 3 edition (17 Dec. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0750652810
- ISBN-13: 978-0750652810
- Product Dimensions: 29.5 x 21.4 x 4.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (15 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 318,964 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Metric Handbook: Planning and Design Data (3rd Edition) Paperback – 17 Dec 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This is a brilliant book! As a design manager for a large construction company, it is invaluable to have a ready source of all those data that allow me to check for a complete and workable. Just about every type of public and private building or facility is dealt with, from farms to factories and from law courts to laboratories.' Customer Comment from customer on Amazon.co.uk
About the Author
BSc DIC CEng MICE, Freelance Civil Engineering Consultant (retired)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Contains information on a wide variety of building types and anthropomorphic (body size) data that is invaluable when planning a building.
Split into sections for each building type, the book contains detailed information on the size of typical furniture, machinery, access and space requirements as well as some basic design constraints for all manner of items.
If I need to know what size a playing pitch is, how much room to leave around furniture or even which room should be next to which I turn to this.
Upon finally testing the machine, I opened a portal to a dimension whereby everything was 4.7 times larger than what we have here on Earth. It was a beautiful place, no crime, no war, food for everybody and hoover boards like you see in Back to the future 2. now that I'm now spending most of my time there as I am trying to avoid my landlord who has been at me about the $45,556 electricity bill. Needless to say in the other dimension this book is absolutely useless except for holding open the portal in case i want to pop back home to get some milk. (they don't have milk there, they use soya - ha! Who'd have thought?!) Aside from all this - the book is big, it is red and it makes you look as though you are really smart and interesting, so regardless of the content its a good buy for the above reasons but totally useless in an alternative dimension.
It is a must have for any practise or office and is a valuable resource for students studying degrees particularly in building design and the built environment.
Would recommend it to all Engineers.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
great tool for studnets and profesionals alike, cant beat the metric handbook for a starting point in your initial design procceses to establish minium space requirments.Published 23 months ago by Aaron Humber
Extremely useful, this book helps with all minimum dimensions required to complete a project. The kindle is great because you can consult everywhere from your iPad phone or kindlePublished on 26 May 2014 by franz
Brilliant product , very happy with it , great value because this is an iin expensive product but does the job nicely.Published on 22 Sept. 2013 by thinktank24
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Reference
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Drafting
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Materials
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics