- Paperback: 374 pages
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub (25 Jun. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1453632670
- ISBN-13: 978-1453632673
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.2 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Methuselah's Pillar Paperback – 25 Jun 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Alluring depiction of characters, places and events. Details and descriptions so powerfully vivid. Be prepared to feel, see and hear every aspect as the story envelops you. So much better than watching one of the great epic movies of our time.
I read "Stingers" by W.G. Griffiths (a must read addition to everyone's personal library) just prior to Methuselah's Pillar and was glad I did. That's where Samantha Conway's story actually begins. Its great to witness her transition. Absolutely wonderful character portrayals.
Sam Conway's character is: Bold, Bright, Identifiable. She knows who she is and stays true to herself (admirable qualities). She is the girl next door from Stingers who can hold her own with the guys, yet has beauty, elegance, refinement and integrity. Truly inspiring and wonderfully unique. She remains strong and capable amidst the chaos!!! A promising and noteworthy character.
I highly recommend that you take the opportunity to read W.G. GRIFFITHS if you haven't already done so. Total immersion and so much more from start to finish is what you can expect. Each of his novels is bound to leave you with a need for more. The time, talent, research, creative genius, love and devotion that this author obviously puts into his work is evident throughout.
Savor both story and author!!
Methuselah's Pillar goes down as another all-time favorite alongside Stingers! These books will be read, shared and thoroughly enjoyed many times over.
Many thanks to W.G. Griffiths for the entertainment, enlightenment and sheer pleasure.
1) Indents for new paragraphs/dialogue tend to remain throughout the paragraph/dialogue, creating a block-quote look. Especially in dialogue, you have to mind your quotation marks to make sure you know who's speaking.
2) Misplaced punctuation: there were a lot. of lost periods, commas "and quotation" marks in the, Kindle edition, and. in most ,every case it made reading. difficult (as I just showed).
3) The Epilogue: Why the format created double-line-spaces between each paragraph is beyond me - it almost looked like a high-school term paper trying to stretch to meet the teacher's 5-page requirement.
The story itself was quite good.